Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Drivetrain / Re: Autolite 4300 Carburetor C9ZF-F
« Last post by RoyceP on Today at 06:56:08 PM »
I am looking for a restored Autolite 4300 carburetor, C9ZF-F, for a 1969 Mustang 390 Mach 1 with an automatic transmission.  Given the fact these aren't as popular as the Holley counterparts, does anyone have a recommendation on the best place to find one?  Most of the vendors I see selling restored carburetors only seem to carry the Holley.  Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Here's one: [size=78%]https://www.ebay.com/itm/155746695682?itmmeta=01HW91JHRQT7D3TEJD3CGPV5YE&hash=item244339fa02:g:7DUAAOSwXN5e6VU7&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA8PYTR7lVD7j9F4dlKHwdlxwrBxF%2FxXSwukdOixp5vn%2Bypo2FTp2NIfcQFYi2ijuCMJVc9yd8dbghTBGjiUxbh9%2B76NHbb6et%2BN8MvSRvLRrT3L5Mv%2B0S72y0RnzHwGQImngpoKO9Ja8CJMZUAuzxCy2KcGWAZUWMTuRlg2rY9wVojg8U1R5%2FLuRe%2FGPzCBU5EcXJGlT0xhwOXj%2BN1dSgEoiPSvCkdGpRnZa0wwNO4nQUfmv9l6aLJkSO2n%2FAgVonx8xaDf6GGMjGWkDjGozLoG0NwAIHOYhdh3E8%2FTB42Rifmv4MdXgjRfFdYThyKSATHw%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABFBMvJzKoeJj[/size]
Jim,
I have the cast date indeed from the spot near the starter.
When the car was prepared for the Belgian vehicle inspection that it had to pass, I had the starter motor removed to have a picture of that casting number.
So, do we have sufficient information to identify which water pump is needed?
We can be pretty sure of an assembly date close to okt 1st 1965 (while the car model is already a 1966.)

In short: do we have sufficient info as to which water pump to get hold of?
1967 Mustang / Re: 67 Coupe trunk filler panel
« Last post by Bob Gaines on Today at 05:18:08 PM »
Signature 67 coupe is in body shop for rear end damage repair.  Photos below are of the masonite filler panel found by the body shop, in the Left rear corner of the trunk void.  The Right side filler panel is totally missing, if there ever was one.   I think originally these panels were flat and covered the inside well between the quarter panel and trunk floor, then covered by the trunk mat.

Have researched older CMF posts, and occasional references are made to these trunk panels being reproduced.   Does anyone know if they are available/source for a 67 coupe?

>Left side only. Early 67 used the Masonite with two large screws holding it down. Coupe, fastback or convert are all the same for this part. https://www.npdlink.com/product/trunk-side-filler-board-lh/206033
1967 Mustang / 67 Coupe trunk filler panel
« Last post by Deuce on Today at 04:35:33 PM »
Signature 67 coupe is in body shop for rear end damage repair.  Photos below are of the masonite filler panel found by the body shop, in the Left rear corner of the trunk void.  The Right side filler panel is totally missing, if there ever was one.   I think originally these panels were flat and covered the inside well between the quarter panel and trunk floor, then covered by the trunk mat.

Have researched older CMF posts, and occasional references are made to these trunk panels being reproduced.   Does anyone know if they are available/source for a 67 coupe?

Drivetrain / Re: Autolite 4300 Carburetor C9ZF-F
« Last post by Bob Gaines on Today at 12:18:56 PM »
I am looking for a restored Autolite 4300 carburetor, C9ZF-F, for a 1969 Mustang 390 Mach 1 with an automatic transmission.  Given the fact these aren't as popular as the Holley counterparts, does anyone have a recommendation on the best place to find one?  Most of the vendors I see selling restored carburetors only seem to carry the Holley.  Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Of course you can wait around and hope a restored one shows up. Since that carb is not in high demand most that restore and sell will not put the time and money into it to sit on a shelf. Your best chance is to find one used and have it restored. best of luck on your search.
1970 Mustang / Re: Convertible top boot
« Last post by Bob Gaines on Today at 12:13:07 PM »
Not to hijack this thread but as I understand the black bootbag material is the same as the black vinyl roof material.  I have a 1 inch square hole in my vinyl roof that I was going to try to repair with some material and glue.  Do you have a bit of material I could get from you? Don't need much. Thank you.
Given that you show your car in driven concours don't waste your time as the repair will most likely be noticeable IMO.
Drivetrain / Autolite 4300 Carburetor C9ZF-F
« Last post by QKSLVER on Today at 10:03:12 AM »
« Last post by born2race59 on Today at 09:09:32 AM »
Thank you, I need to find a boot first.  Also needing a correct well liner. D.N.O does not make them anymore.
« Last post by dkknab on Today at 09:07:37 AM »
i made the correct boot bag if u need one

Not to hijack this thread but as I understand the black bootbag material is the same as the black vinyl roof material.  I have a 1 inch square hole in my vinyl roof that I was going to try to repair with some material and glue.  Do you have a bit of material I could get from you? Don't need much. Thank you.
Wanted Ads / Looking for 69 steering column bolt sleeves
« Last post by Aussiemach on Today at 08:05:41 AM »
I?m looking for 2 steering column bolt sleeves as in photo for a 69 Mach1. Anyone have a couple spares I can purchase and prepared to send to Australia? I?ll pay shipping as well naturally, mine were lost 😞

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10