Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
1967 Mustang / Re: 67 Remote view mirror glass date code
« Last post by Bob Gaines on April 25, 2024, 09:09:17 PM »
Thank you also for this info. This is fantastic. 

My personal question relating to my car then is if I have two mirrors,  12-DMI-7 and 6-DMI-7, of which 12-DMI-7 was found on the driver side,  which could have been switched from one side of the car to the other when it was repainted,  was the passenger side mirror added possibly when the car was purchased to make it a dealer installed option and that would be ok for MCA driven standards or will it always be a deduction unless it's gone,  no matter?
The date codes are not considered for a deduction in the driven class.
1967 Mustang / Re: 67 Coupe trunk filler panel
« Last post by Bob Gaines on April 25, 2024, 08:59:03 PM »
Had not heard or seen the different attaching hardware but a quick look at my pictures it appears there is some truth to this. Will start a new thread to look into the subject and post examples. Not really, at this point, a running change so will try and cover all three plants in one thread and see how that goes

Also while on the subject all three body types use the same filler board or panel.
My post was in the context of the OP's signature car which is SJ  built. 
1968 Mustang / Re: 1968 fastback seats
« Last post by RoyceP on April 25, 2024, 08:41:20 PM »
Yes.
1968 Mustang / Re: 1968 San Jose GT 390 Fastback Drivers Side Mirror mounts
« Last post by RoyceP on April 25, 2024, 08:34:42 PM »
If your originals do not spin I recommend running a #8-24 tap through them to remove any paint that might be there before trying to install the mirror.
1967 Mustang / 67 Early Version Trunk Filler Panel Retaining Hardware
« Last post by J_Speegle on April 25, 2024, 06:27:17 PM »
The discussion about the two types of filler boards/panels came up in another thread and in turn the retaining hardware used for the early Masonite board based on car assembly plant. Went through my pictures and came up with examples from each plant so thought I should share what I found

Dearborn
used a hex headed screw with a large intergrated washer style

Metuchen 
used a Phillips headed screw with intergrated washer style

San Jose used a Phillips headed screw with intergrated washer style

1967 Mustang / Re: 67 Coupe trunk filler panel
« Last post by J_Speegle on April 25, 2024, 06:14:41 PM »
The Phillips head screw type is the early Masonite board fastener https://www.npdlink.com/search/products?search_terms=011229-1AK&top_parent=200001&year=  . I have not seen the hex head one used for this application.

Had not heard or seen the different attaching hardware but a quick look at my pictures it appears there is some truth to this. Will start a new thread to look into the subject and post examples. Not really, at this point, a running change so will try and cover all three plants in one thread and see how that goes

Also while on the subject all three body types use the same filler board or panel.
« Last post by dkknab on April 25, 2024, 05:59:33 PM »
Mirrors can be identified by understanding a few simple rules.  If the mirror is marked with "DMI" it was supplied to Ford by "Donnelly Mirror INC".  The first number identified the  month  produced.    The DMI is Donnelly company, and the second number gives the year........Hope this in some way helps you  identify at least two sources of outside mirrors and the manufacturers marks and date coding

Thank you also for this info. This is fantastic. 

My personal question relating to my car then is if I have two mirrors,  12-DMI-7 and 6-DMI-7, of which 12-DMI-7 was found on the driver side,  which could have been switched from one side of the car to the other when it was repainted,  was the passenger side mirror added possibly when the car was purchased to make it a dealer installed option and that would be ok for MCA driven standards or will it always be a deduction unless it's gone,  no matter?
1964 1/2 - 1965 / Re: 65 spare tire - pin or hook?
« Last post by carlite65 on April 25, 2024, 05:38:25 PM »
my october 23 dearborn 2+2 has the slide plate.
« Last post by carlite65 on April 25, 2024, 05:36:26 PM »
great info there murf! never knew that.......always learn something here!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10