1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1970 Mustang

1970 marker light bezel to quarter/fender mounting

(1/2) > >>

1970 Snake:
I am about to install my rear marker lights and would like to know if there is a gasket or sealer that goes between the chrome bezel and the outside of the quarter.
I find it hard to believe these bezels are mounted directly against the paint without some type of cushion or seal to protect against damage to the paint. Also I am having trouble locating white inner gaskets (black readily available) that go between the plastic retaining hardware and the inner quarter/fender area. I am assuming the same mounting process whatever it is applies to the front markers also. Any comments would be helpful, thanks.

ExportMach:
The answer to your question is yes.

http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/Mustang/Lighting/Side-Marker-Lights/Rear/Rear-Side-Marker-Light-To-Body-Gaskets-Pair-1970-Mustang.axd

1970 Snake:
I am quite sure the gasket you are indicating goes between the plastic mounting bracket on the inside of the trunk and the inside of the rear quarter, this does not go on the outside between the chrome bezel and the outside of the painted quarter.

1970 Snake:
Does anyone else have a comment regarding gasket or no gasket on the outside of the quarter for the rear marker lights.

tobkob:
No gasket on the outside.

TOB

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version