1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1964 1/2 - 1965

375798 Clip for 65's

(1/5) > >>

ChrisV289:
Anyone know what 375798 clip looks like?  It is suppose to hold the trans mod line to the block.  From the assembly manual it looks like a J clip but not sure if it is coated or not.  Jim your spreadsheet does not give any info on it, just lists it as clip special. 

jwc66k:
Chris,
Sorry, that's it. I can add a probable shape from the picture in the 64-65 Chassis Assembly Manual (ref AM005 pg22 & 30), "J", and probable mounting hole from the bolt's size, 3/8 (42772-S8), but that's it. I have not found any other documentation.
Jim

196667Bob:
Chris : Part of the problem here, that there is no info on this clip, is that it was not serviced (ie not available as a Service Part). I have attached the illustration from the "1965 Only" Parts and Accessories Catalog ; don't know if it shows it any better than what you have. The key here is the "star" shown by the Part Number. I have also attached what the "star" symbol means.
In the drawing, it appears that this clip bolts into the rear of the head. Does this make sense (I am not that familiar with 65 AT applications, and 1966 and '67 have a totally different clip arrangement) ?
As far as the "finish", a "Special" designation (usually S100) can designate anything not described by the other finishes, materials, etc. which leaves it "wide open". For this application, I would think it ought to be at least rubber coated, and possibly even a "spring steel" type with the purpose of reducing vibration, rattling, etc.

Just some thoughts.

Bob

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: ChrisV289 on January 21, 2018, 11:46:32 AM ---Anyone know what 375798 clip looks like?  It is suppose to hold the trans mod line to the block.  From the assembly manual it looks like a J clip but not sure if it is coated or not.  Jim your spreadsheet does not give any info on it, just lists it as clip special.

--- End quote ---
Yes it is a J shaped clip . Unfortunately the C6 version is different . I have those.  I remember seeing the C4 clip bare steel. I tried to look around to see if I had one because I will be working on a 66 GT350 with a C4 in the near future and will need one myself but no luck so far. If I stumble across one I will post.

jwc66k:
Preliminary measurements:
Visual - a "J" clip, appears to be a gun metal blue finish.
3/4 inch wide.
1 7/16 inch long, to the bend.
1/2 inch from the bend to the tip of the "J".
1/8 inch outward bend of 30-40deg at the "J".
0.416 inch dia mounting hole.
3/8 inch radii centered at the hole end.
0.036 inch thick spring steel, it does not bend easy.
The bolt is 42772-S8, 3/8-16X5/8 Hex, external tooth lock washer, "L" head marking.
After a day or in the cold parts cleaner, I'll post more. It's a bit dirty.
Jim
PS - the secret to a cold garage is a bourbon and ginger. It's "good" medicine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version