Author Topic: Non-Fold Down Back Seat Interior Trim  (Read 723 times)

Offline jackro

Non-Fold Down Back Seat Interior Trim
« on: February 20, 2018, 05:58:25 PM »
Hi - I have a 67 Fastback with a non fold down setup. I'm trying to put it together with no reference as to the finer details. There seems to be a gap between the (door) and the trim above it (see pic). Is that right or do I have the wrong part(s) or ???

Thanks
Jack

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Non-Fold Down Back Seat Interior Trim
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 06:07:34 PM »
First welcome to the site. Hope you find the information and assistance here helpful in your restoration focused projects

Looks like its just an adjustment of the door and the surrounding panels. Each is adjustable

There are a number of threads that show related details of the non- fold down assembly from the interior and trunk side of the area you may want to search out and review.

Again welcome to the site.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline jackro

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 07:27:23 PM »
Thanks for the reply! Maybe you can see from the pic that all the surrounding panels are lined up including the piece that is directly below the window. Even the door is lined up with the sides. I cant figure out where an adjustment could be made. Ive looked for pics but I didn't see a direct on pic of the back area. Any suggestions would be great.
Jack

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 08:16:03 PM »
Looks  like the drivers side corner and the rear full trim panel don't line up along the full seam  but what I was referring to was at times you need to adjust those panels to the trap door when you can't adjust the trap door to them.

But lets focus on the trap door since its the simplest of the two options.

I would try and manipulate the two upper brackets that attach the trap door to the top of the frame where each side is held with two small screws

This is a 68 version but it was handy - already in the system and I think they are the same as 67

If it will not move rearward check for obstructions especially if the car had a fold down installed at some point

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 67gta289

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 09:43:45 PM »
These might help.
John
67 289 GTA Dec 20 1966 San Jose
7R02C156xxx
MCA 74660