Author Topic: Non Matching Numbers?  (Read 2522 times)

Offline ceswert

• Silver Level Subscriber
Non Matching Numbers?
« on: October 11, 2013, 09:22:16 AM »
A 67 Shelby GT350 is currently for sale on Ebay. The seller states that according to some old Shelby experts none of these Shelby cars had matching engine blocks original to the car. Also, many blocks had no Vin's. ??. I have heard of some blocks with no Vin's but never no numbers matching. What is he referring to?
67' Shelby GT 350 nm blue/4sp/#0089
07' Shelby Super Snake 725hp/white/#0073
71' Mach 1 429cj grabber blue/4 sp./ac

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Non Matching Numbers?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 11:41:42 AM »
A 67 Shelby GT350 is currently for sale on Ebay. The seller states that according to some old Shelby experts none of these Shelby cars had matching engine blocks original to the car. Also, many blocks had no Vin's. ??. I have heard of some blocks with no Vin's but never no numbers matching. What is he referring to?
The seller is mis informed and most likely trying to justify iregularities on his car IMO.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 02:17:43 AM »
...........................What is he referring to?

"I don't want to explain/don't know - what happened to the original part/engine"  And I want as much out of this deal ($$$$$) as possible

So like with Dorthy who was not to pay any attention to the man behind the curtain the seller doesn't want you to worry about those pesky matching number things ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline ceswert

• Silver Level Subscriber
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 10:48:31 AM »
Thanks. BTW just had my 67 350 painted original color nightmist blue an.d engine compartment detailed.
67' Shelby GT 350 nm blue/4sp/#0089
07' Shelby Super Snake 725hp/white/#0073
71' Mach 1 429cj grabber blue/4 sp./ac

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 06:23:07 PM »
Thanks. BTW just had my 67 350 painted original color nightmist blue an.d engine compartment detailed.

Who did you get to do it ? 

Sure that its really a head turner now. Not that the old paint job didn't look period just well used ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)