Author Topic: headlight extension wire  (Read 2992 times)

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
Re: headlight extension wire
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2017, 09:20:10 PM »
Nah, you're more like a PITA.  Just kidding...

I like helping out the concours crowd when I can.  One man's junk is another man's treasure, and I do have a lot of junk!
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2017, 09:43:37 PM »

Didn't want any concours judge looking intently at my mismatched plugs and giving me grief!  [/quote]

We do not give any grief! Only deductions, what you do with them is up to you. LOL  ;D

Offline 427Fastback

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2017, 11:32:00 PM »
I never said I believed it..Just dug through the pics of my 67 as it is stored elsewhere and it has red plugs.It was actually built sept 2 1966.(101325)

Offline Bossbill

• In the middle of project hell
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2017, 12:56:56 AM »
We do not give any grief! Only deductions ...

I think you guys need to create Judges buttons that say (I'll paraphrase):

We don't give grief! Only deductions!
Bill
Concours  Actual Ford Build 3/2/67 GT350 01375
Driven      6/6/70 0T02G160xxx Boss 302
Modified   5/18/65 5F09A728xxx 347 Terminator-X 8-Stack
Race        65 2+2 Coupe conversion

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2017, 08:47:16 AM »
I think you guys need to create Judges buttons that say (I'll paraphrase):

We don't give grief! Only deductions!

I want to be sure I was not misunderstood. I was kidding around, but seriously I judge because I enjoy the cars and helping the owners make them better. The same reason I and others post here.

There are some owners that think they deserve a participation award because their car is pretty, not correct. LOL

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2017, 12:10:31 PM »
I want to be sure I was not misunderstood. I was kidding around, but seriously I judge because I enjoy the cars and helping the owners make them better. The same reason I and others post here.

There are some owners that think they deserve a participation award because their car is pretty, not correct. LOL
+1 . The last thing in the world I want to do is discourage someone. Satisfaction helping others achieve a goal and preserving the marque is the reward.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2017, 12:53:20 PM »
+1 . The last thing in the world I want to do is discourage someone. Satisfaction helping others achieve a goal and preserving the marque is the reward.

Yes it is. Why I like this forum so much. a.) the willingness for offering help, b.) the ability to learn how to improve our projects, c.) the fact that old folklore myths can be broken with the combined wisdom, d.) the end result being an opportunity to preserve a mark in history.

I am sure more than just these items listed but as long as we maintain a good sense of direction in the discussion, often "New Knowledge" comes out. Case in point, the direction this thread has gone might lead to a better understanding of what color plug in the headlamp harness extension AND how it would typically be combined with the same color under hood connector. Perhaps date ranges may be set...perhaps not. Either way, known "original" examples may add to a form of discovery. All of it is great!
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline Bossbill

• In the middle of project hell
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2017, 01:59:36 PM »
I have an odd, dry and sarcastic sense of humor.
I appreciate people who give their time freely and add to the hobby.

But still, I thought it was funny. Your mileage may vary.
Bill
Concours  Actual Ford Build 3/2/67 GT350 01375
Driven      6/6/70 0T02G160xxx Boss 302
Modified   5/18/65 5F09A728xxx 347 Terminator-X 8-Stack
Race        65 2+2 Coupe conversion

Offline 427Fastback

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2017, 02:11:46 PM »
I just realized I have mixed my own information up..My 67 does have red plugs and my Dec 67 built 68 does have brown plugs.I had it backwards...My mistake

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2017, 05:48:12 PM »
I just realized I have mixed my own information up..My 67 does have red plugs and my Dec 67 built 68 does have brown plugs.I had it backwards...My mistake
Now I don't feel so bad. I too had something backwards in that I have seen red and brown in 67 but I have only observed  brown in 68 . I had said red in a previous post that I have amended for clarity. That is not to say there were no red plug 68 headlight harness out there. I would not be surprised if one didn't pop up. It seems most logical that it was a vendor difference IMO.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2017, 05:59:24 PM »
pewp!
I just checked my Alloy Metal underhood harness and it has BROWN plugs on it! (my extensions are RED as I said earlier) Looks like I am doing some dying on my plugs. My local True Value hardware store says they have the Colonial Red in stock...   ??? :(  >:(  ::)  :P  :-\
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments