Author Topic: aftermarket center cap locks  (Read 898 times)

Offline 67gta289

aftermarket center cap locks
« on: February 17, 2017, 09:23:44 PM »
Has anyone seen these before?  If you have used them, any experiences to share?

I don't know if they are intended to be an anti-theft device, or to keep them from rattling.  I recall buying NOS ones in 1981 and when I did the slow drive by with windows down I could hear the clickity clacking.
John
67 289 GTA Dec 20 1966 San Jose
7R02C156xxx
MCA 74660

Offline jwc66k

Re: aftermarket center cap locks
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 12:14:18 AM »
- and when I did the slow drive by with windows down I could hear the clickity clacking.
Check your lug nuts lately?  ;)
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 05:16:03 AM »
Some owners have been using large C clips for the same purpose. Like these they have to be installed with the wheel off
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 01:23:31 PM »
Has anyone seen these before?  If you have used them, any experiences to share?

I don't know if they are intended to be an anti-theft device, or to keep them from rattling.  I recall buying NOS ones in 1981 and when I did the slow drive by with windows down I could hear the clickity clacking.
Clear silicone under the cap along with factory hardware locks everything in place ,invisible from the front side and typically solves the problem for decades or until tire comes off.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby