Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Parts / Re: Radiator code - San Jose cars
« Last post by Tiny on Today at 07:56:36 PM »
One further point.  I have heard that San Jose built cars do not have the part number on the end tab as these were only on the builds in Dearborn and Metuchen?
Parts / Re: Radiator code - San Jose cars
« Last post by Tiny on Today at 07:53:13 PM »
Fantastic, great information.  Thanks very much.
1964 1/2 - 1966 / Re: 375798 Clip
« Last post by J_Speegle on Today at 07:45:14 PM »
66 San Jose late production example

The base picture (with out the text bubbles) has been posted in two other threads on the same subject
1969 - 1970 / Re: 69 door glass bracket location
« Last post by J_Speegle on Today at 07:06:56 PM »
Given that the roller moves along that track there may have been some range where it was acceptable and it may be that different plants providing the glass had a couple of different jigs set up for this task that were different by that 1/4"

Believe that the measurements in the drawing were taken from an original front glass
1964 1/2 - 1966 / Re: 1965-1966 Convertible Power Top Switch Question
« Last post by Bossbill on Today at 06:59:46 PM »
Insert Lucas joke here.
The MGA even has a mechanical starter solenoid. A Bowden cable pulls the starter solenoid contacts into play.
I'm 6' 5", so Spridgets aren't even a consideration.
General Discussion / Re: SAAC Forum down
« Last post by rodster on Today at 06:47:37 PM »
Yes, well said Steve.

It's not just the facts and figures that were lost but the stories and posts from many good folks, some of which are no longer with us.  As you said the forum was a living component and depth and context of the posts can not be duplicated.

Newcomers may not be able to comprehend what was lost but anyone that has been following the forum from the beginning will understand.

Despite the best efforts and intentions, what has been lost can never be rebuilt, but such is life.
Parts for Sale / 428 CJ Carter X Fuel Pump 4441S for Sale
« Last post by HDAshmore on Today at 06:41:49 PM »
428 CJ Carter X Fuel Pump 4441S for Sale

Date 6J8A, Already bead blasted, comes with a new AMK rebuild kit and ready to assemble so you can see what you have, do it yourself with and no guessing if it is right.  Comes with the correct brass inlet fitting with correct markings.  Asking $600 OBO and includes shipping in the USA for that price.  Will consider trade for correct/serviceable/like quality 1970 Boss 302 Carter X with dates code between Dec 69 and early March 70.

Paypal friends and family or USPS money order accepted or cash in Person.   

PM if interested and send phone number if you want to talk about it.

v/r
Dan
1964 1/2 - 1966 / Re: 375798 Clip
« Last post by jwc66k on Today at 06:38:27 PM »
I've seen the clips also in what appears to be a P&O finish but will double check.  Should have a few pictures of them in the picture collection - will take a look.
Be advised that the clip is attached to the RH head of a 260 or 289 engine at the rear for the vacuum line retention, 64-65 only. It's probably one of the sources of the phrase - "Something is hung up".
Jim
1969 - 1970 / Re: 69 door glass bracket location
« Last post by Brock on Today at 06:26:27 PM »
Yes thank you i was  referred to a video on a cougar site and it said set brackets back 1" from ends of glass and said that was factory so just trying to clarify thanks
1964 1/2 - 1966 / Re: 1966 Metuchen undercoating product/color?
« Last post by dsielke on Today at 06:25:52 PM »
I would also assume the body color overspray and rocker pinchweld blackout overspray paint were removed during the cleaning process?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10