5th Generation 2005 - 2014 > 2005 - 2014

2005-2009 Blend Door Actuator "Clicking Noise" A/C Heater Problem.

(1/12) > >>

NEFaurora:

Subject: 2005-2009 Blend Door Actuator "Clicking Noise" A/C Heater Problem.

This is a new thread that I am creating here to document and offer resolutions to this 2005-2009 Blend Door Actuator "Clicking Noise" A/C Heater Problem.  When the problem starts, You turn the ignition key, and you will here a Clicking or knocking/banging sound from underneath the dash.  I have searched all of the web, and the resolutions offered for this problem are extremely poor.  Anything of good use will be put here in this thread to address this problem since it is so "Rampant" in Ford Mustangs from 2005-2009 and beyond and other Ford vehicles.  This thread will mostly focus on the S197 platform since this IS a Mustang forum.  I expect this thread to eventually be the "Go To" place for this issue on the entire web.  Since I have this issue currently in my own 2007 Ford Mustang Vehicle, I will eventually post up pictures and video to help deal with this issue and help people resolve the problem without having to go to the Ford Dealer and Spend over $600 to get it fixed when their car is no longer under warranty.  I only ask that Any/All posters of this thread Please stay on target and Please do not veer off of the subject too much.  Thank You all. 

Tony K.

NEFaurora:

To Start this thread,

Here below is a typical example of the problem.   This guy below in the video had no idea what the problem was, but his video beautifully shows the issue.

:o)

Tony K.

NEFaurora:
From what I currently know:

There are (4) Blend door actuators behind the dash.  (1) is behind the dash cluster and panel, and the other (3) are behind the glove compartment area.  (3) of the actuators are all the same part number, but (1) of them is different, with a different part number.  I do not know which one yet.

Still investigating.

Here is a weblink to another forum talking about the subject with some other links as well:

http://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/680494-is-your-ac-making-clicking-noises.html

Tony K.

NEFaurora:
Here's another weblink that I found, but some real pics of a REAL car would really help here.  I aim to fix that soon.

Check out this weblink on the subject.. Some good info:

http://www.schematicsdiagram.com/2012/03/how-to-replace-blend-door-actuator-on.html

Tony K.

rodster:
Interesting, I never heard this on my 09 GT but then again, it's still under warranty.  ;)

What does Ford do to fix it?  Sounds so common there should be a TSB on it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version