Author Topic: 70 A/C Receiver Dryer Decal  (Read 908 times)

Offline Blown351stang

70 A/C Receiver Dryer Decal
« on: May 16, 2018, 07:40:32 AM »
I am replacing the receiver dryer on my Dearborn 11/26/69 70 Mach1 with a NOS one. I am wondering if someone would have a photo of where the decal goes on the dryer and is this reproduction decals correct for this car?

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 70 A/C Receiver Dryer Decal
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 06:31:36 PM »
That is not the sticker I have found used on unrestored cars built slightly later than your car so I would guess the other design would cover your cars time period.

Have a Jan 15 1970 still using the C9xx prefix  -B - 2 version

As you can see in the picture below the date stamp was added later (not printed with the sticker) so the font, coloring and look are different unlike the reproduction you show in your post. Before someone else mentions it yes some PO has been in there were a black rattle can painting all the hardware and "freshening up" :( things though the sticker appears original

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline cobrajet_carl

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 09:37:38 PM »
That is not the sticker I have found used on unrestored cars built slightly later than your car so I would guess the other design would cover your cars time period.

Have a Jan 15 1970 still using the C9xx prefix  -B - 2 version

As you can see in the picture below the date stamp was added later (not printed with the sticker) so the font, coloring and look are different unlike the reproduction you show in your post. Before someone else mentions it yes some PO has been in there were a black rattle can painting all the hardware and "freshening up" :( things though the sticker appears original

Wouldn't a C9ZZ part number indicate a service replacement?
Carl
70 and 71 Dearborn mach Is

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 11:01:00 PM »
Wouldn't a C9ZZ part number indicate a service replacement?

Yes but the question was asking location and since it appears that the item was from around the same time period the service ones and the assemble line ones would have been built on the same production lines, by the same people and following the same practices with both wouldn't they.

The use of the FoMoCo in the rectangle is an interesting difference but again getting off the "where the decal goes" line of discussion
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)