Non-Mustang Ford & Mercury Models > Cougar 1967-73

OEM ford spoiler for Cougar 69/70 question

(1/3) > >>

68GT/CSconvmod:
I found one and it says DOWB and some numbers with a oval ford at the end on the pedestals. I know mustang is DOZB.  Is this a correct rear stand up spoiler for 70 Cougar/Eliminator ?

Troy

jwc66k:
Troy,
In general, all Ford Motor Co. part numbers are descriptive and have other meanings. The includes Mercury products. The "W" is the indicator for an item (part or assembly) that was originally designed by the Mercury Cougar. The correct part number should have a "0" (zero) instead of an "O" (letter O), which, with the "D" indicates an item designed for first use in 1970 ("D" = 7). Some numbers actually defines the item, and that is important to verify what it is. The "B" is a Body engineering design. So, to verify what you have, the entire number should be used. There are quirks in the system, so don't be intimidated. Two of my Mustangs use Comet designed distributors.
In answer to your question, a D0WB would be a good indicator that it is a Cougar item. The rest of the numbers would confirm this.
Jim

68GT/CSconvmod:
Thx Jim

Hare to see the pic he sent , some numbers are 654***29 then oval with ford

jwc66k:

--- Quote from: 68GT/CSconvmod on October 14, 2016, 05:34:55 PM ---- some numbers are 654***29 then oval with ford

--- End quote ---
Closer, the "65" indicates a 2 door hardtop coup item which would be a Cougar, the "4" indicates a item for the rear of the car, trunk included, the rest of the number is probably in the Mercury Car Part book. The Ford Car Parts (aka MPC) has kits listed for 69/70 and 71/72 Mustangs, but no number ending in a "29" except a gasket. I would ask West Coast Classic Cougar (WCCC) for additional information.
Jim

68GT/CSconvmod:
If I get it I will do it. Thx.

I know Don Rush, We see each other every year at the Portland Swap meet.

Troy :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version