Author Topic: Midlife & WCCC  (Read 1761 times)

Offline BKnapp

Midlife & WCCC
« on: June 24, 2017, 10:20:08 AM »
All too often we have the opportunity to express are negative experiences with certain vendors.

However, I would like to express my positive experiences with a couple of active members/vendors.

Randy (Midlife) was able to accurately diagnose a problem I had, almost immediately in the context of one quick email. Not only did he tell me how to correct it, he sent me the piece I needed (at a reasonable price), and ended up including a couple of more items that I MIGHT need. I started the car up yesterday and no sparks or smoke:)

I also had trouble with a pulley that was ordered from WCCC. Scott hooked me up with someone internal at WCCC. I shipped them pulley I received and they got me out one that will work for my application. Smooth, easy rectification even though I bought the original part 4-5 months ago.

I just want to express my appreciation for vendors like these that go out of there way to help a newbie along the way!

Thanks!
Bill

‘67 390 Coupe A/T  P/S  P/B. (Built 1/4/1967)  7R01S145xxx
‘67 390 FB A/T P/S P/B (Built 3/10/1967) 7F02S173xxx
2007 Shelby GT500 40th Anniv.  Convert. #125

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
Re: Midlife & WCCC
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 11:04:39 AM »
All too often we have the opportunity to express are negative experiences with certain vendors.

However, I would like to express my positive experiences with a couple of active members/vendors.

Randy (Midlife) was able to accurately diagnose a problem I had, almost immediately in the context of one quick email. Not only did he tell me how to correct it, he sent me the piece I needed (at a reasonable price), and ended up including a couple of more items that I MIGHT need. I started the car up yesterday and no sparks or smoke:)

I also had trouble with a pulley that was ordered from WCCC. Scott hooked me up with someone internal at WCCC. I shipped them pulley I received and they got me out one that will work for my application. Smooth, easy rectification even though I bought the original part 4-5 months ago.

I just want to express my appreciation for vendors like these that go out of there way to help a newbie along the way!

Thanks!

Agree on BOTH! As we all work together, helping one another...it sure makes what seemed impossible before (before the internet especially), at least somewhat possible today. There are SO MANY PEOPLE I (we) have met through this site, people who continue to help out ALL THE TIME, I (we all should) wish to add them in also. The "Big-3" I would say are Jeff, Bob G. & Charles. There are countless others who have helped me PERSONALLY, but I'll bet that EVERYONE has achieved greater results in their project because of these 3. Thanks again guys ;)
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline BKnapp

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 11:40:59 AM »
+infinity...the time they devote and information they provide is in valuable. I didn't mean to disregard everyone's efforts. I think everyone on this site in particular is an asset to the hobby.
Bill

‘67 390 Coupe A/T  P/S  P/B. (Built 1/4/1967)  7R01S145xxx
‘67 390 FB A/T P/S P/B (Built 3/10/1967) 7F02S173xxx
2007 Shelby GT500 40th Anniv.  Convert. #125

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 08:17:03 PM »
Aw schucks.   8)

I thought you were going to tell the story about how two shipments through the USPS got waylaid in transit from 2 to 4 weeks, but FedEx got there in 2 days!  Over the past 20 years, I've had 2 letters go permanently lost, and now two shipments from different post offices within 2 weeks to the same person get lost in shipment.  How strange...
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 08:25:30 PM »
+1 for those great members and many here on the site. We are blessed to be surrounded by so many good people and we should continue to support and maintain our high standards.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline mjd 65

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 09:16:16 PM »
I agree, both Randy and WCCC have been of great help during my restoration. Randy sent me an elusive bulletin connector for the instrument panel, and WCCC supplied the impossible-to-find plastic rivets for the heater resistor. We are truly lucky to have such great members in our group!
Mel
July 65 silver blue Metuchen hardtop

Offline Crgjohnson

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 09:21:36 PM »
+1 for Randy. Topnotch vendor
70 BOSS 302(Dearborn 10/69) Medium Blue Metallic, CA emissions
70 BOSS 302(Dearborn 10/69) Calypso Coral, CA emissions
09 Shelby GT 500, factory stripe delete

MCA 69-71 concours BOSS gold card judge
Mustang restorer (hobby)
69 Cougar 3/69

Offline nham3407

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 11:24:04 AM »
Could not have said it better for two great members who share their knowledge, experience, and commercial venture with the hobby.  Scott has found me many correct and non-reproduced parts for my cars.  I have had the pleasure of meeting Randy in person in Pensacola and his humor and good nature equal his technical skills with electrical.

These members and many others who contribute their business background to the hobby are great to have here on the forum. 
67 GT S-Code, San Jose, 06/67
72 Mach 1, Dearborn, 01/72
68 Merc. Cyclone, Lorain, 12/67 (Red)
68 Merc. Cyclone, Lorain, 6/68 (White)

Offline Josep

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2017, 02:16:16 PM »
+1 for those great members and many here on the site. We are blessed to be surrounded by so many good people and we should continue to support and maintain our high standards.

++1

Josep
1966 Mustang Hardtop 200 Inline 6 - Arcadian Blue - C4 - Thermactor - 6R07T213966 - San Jose projected build date June 11th 1966 - DSO 71
1966 Mustang Convertible 289-2V - Vintage Burgundy - AT PS DB - 6F08C109403 - Dearborn projected build date September 9th 1965 - DSO 36

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2017, 12:40:03 AM »
It is good Karma to be a helpful facet in our like minded community.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Daisy

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2017, 12:39:07 PM »
WCCC has been great to me!

Very helpful videos to use their products.
Esp. the one on various vacuum boosters.

The video and WCCC kit helped me successfully rebuild my rear proportioning (Ford "Disc Brake Control Valve") valve. 
Daisy is a 1967 Mustang Coupe
Frost Turquoise
White Vinyl Top
390/C6