Author Topic: starter and clutch braket bolts.  (Read 7347 times)

Offline Brandon Badel

Re: starter and clutch braket bolts.
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2009, 04:39:42 AM »
Is the other bracket on the other side ( connects to the frame.)the same finish or is it nos shinny silver or zink. The one I think came of the car is very rusty and i cant tell.  And also the the bar in the middle. What should that be silver cad.? Thanks alot.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2009, 12:22:49 PM »
Is the other bracket on the other side ( connects to the frame.)the same finish or is it nos shinny silver or zink. The one I think came of the car is very rusty and i cant tell.  And also the the bar in the middle. What should that be silver cad.? Thanks alot.

Same response as before "I've seen the brackets (service replacements) in zinc but believe but have only seen originals natural  steel" This goes for the Z bar or equalizer bar.

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline PerkinsRestoration

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2009, 01:43:16 AM »
I agree with Jeff Inner and outer brackets were bare steel. The starter bolts were clear zinc on the Cobra Jets I've had & worked on.

Offline Brandon Badel

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2009, 03:49:31 AM »
Thanks for the great response.  I have heard they actually faded from cad to the silver a few years after production for the starter bolts. Do you guys think this could be true.  My orinal bracket on the motor was bl oxide docomented that. Do you think the braket on the frame could be the same as on the motor?   Do i leave the nos z bar silver zink or bar steel. what would i do to get the finish correct on this bar. Do i bead blast it and then tumble it . Speegle did you get the photos of all this stuff?  please send me your email if not