Author Topic: 1966 Mustang San Jose t-code Convertible  (Read 1078 times)

Offline dsielke

Re: 1966 Mustang San Jose t-code Convertible
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2018, 01:01:15 AM »
Sure looks like that plate may be batch (dark grey) rather than black. Can you confirm the color by checking it against something painted black so others building 66 NJ cars will have an idea?

Guess your not done (last picture) with all the cleaning since the drain plug/plate still appears dirty or blackish.

Wonderful car hiding under the years and "stuff"

I am no where close to being done with cleaning the undercarriage. I am going to remove the drain plugs to clean them at some point, not sure I could get them clean enough still on the car. Next up will be the differential then the floors under rear seat, inner tunnel area, etc. I did find two stripes ( greenish yellow and white ) on the drive shaft and hoping to find some markings still on the differential.  :)

This is a San Jose car, not NJ. The reinforcement plate is a satin black and no lighter than the black out paint. Very durable as no scrapes appeared in it from cleaning whatsoever. Does look like it caught a speed bump or something on the edge at some time in its life. Picture may have it a bit blown out.
6R09A138419: 1966 GT Fastback, Springtime Yellow
6R08T138429: 1966 Convertible, Tahoe Turquoise

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2018, 01:23:17 AM »
This is a San Jose car, not NJ. The reinforcement plate is a satin black and no lighter than the black out paint. Very durable as no scrapes appeared in it from cleaning whatsoever. Does look like it caught a speed bump or something on the edge at some time in its life. Picture may have it a bit blown out.

Sorry messed up the plant = must have had NJ in my head since I just posted a thread on a 66 NJ car

Thanks for the confirmation on the convertible plate
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Morsel

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2018, 06:15:49 PM »
Wow, inspiring me to get going on my undercoating removal project, all looks great, can't wait to see what's under mine... also a 66 San Jose...

Jason

Offline dsielke

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2018, 09:08:03 PM »
I did a cleaning on the differential and did find several markings. The black paint on the axle tubes did not survive the cleaning process well so I repainted them with satin black urethane. No where near as durable as the floors paint. The marking on the bottom was damaged and I canít tell what it really is well.

Next the floors under the rear seat.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 09:10:28 PM by dsielke »
6R09A138419: 1966 GT Fastback, Springtime Yellow
6R08T138429: 1966 Convertible, Tahoe Turquoise

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2018, 10:03:46 PM »
I did a cleaning on the differential and did find several markings. The black paint on the axle tubes did not survive the cleaning process well so I repainted them with satin black urethane. No where near as durable as the floors paint. ................

That's about right the floor was shot with a epoxy base as we understand it so it would be allot tougher.  Turning our well and you're finding allot of details
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)