Author Topic: Kidde Fire Extinguisher Recall -  (Read 604 times)

Offline jwc66k

Re: Kidde Fire Extinguisher Recall -
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2017, 04:52:02 PM »
I got two more today, total four, out of the five recalled that I submitted. (One did get rejected from the six I started with.) Three of the replacements I've received are 6 pound types, one is a 3 pound type. I had 3 of the recalled 3 pound types in cars. The replacement 6 pound type do not have a positive retainer, they just hang on a two prong fork type hook. In other words, they are a hazard if not properly mounted in a car - as in they will bounce around. I'll wait for number five and then I WILL make a call to Kidde.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline KevinK

Re: Kidde Fire Extinguisher Recall -
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2018, 04:42:51 PM »
Thanks guys for the recall info. I looked around and only found one Kidde unit. I went to the website and entered the info. It can back as does not apply to this unit. I thought ok it was worth a try and I also noticed the pressure was down on the gauge. I was going to toss this one anyway. Well with the holidays, I got busy and forgot about it. Today a new replacement showed up. I was not expecting it. I guess it was a good thing that I did not toss it.