Author Topic: Kidde Fire Extinguisher Recall -  (Read 3807 times)

Offline jwc66k

Re: Kidde Fire Extinguisher Recall -
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2017, 04:52:02 PM »
I got two more today, total four, out of the five recalled that I submitted. (One did get rejected from the six I started with.) Three of the replacements I've received are 6 pound types, one is a 3 pound type. I had 3 of the recalled 3 pound types in cars. The replacement 6 pound type do not have a positive retainer, they just hang on a two prong fork type hook. In other words, they are a hazard if not properly mounted in a car - as in they will bounce around. I'll wait for number five and then I WILL make a call to Kidde.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline KevinK

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2018, 04:42:51 PM »
Thanks guys for the recall info. I looked around and only found one Kidde unit. I went to the website and entered the info. It can back as does not apply to this unit. I thought ok it was worth a try and I also noticed the pressure was down on the gauge. I was going to toss this one anyway. Well with the holidays, I got busy and forgot about it. Today a new replacement showed up. I was not expecting it. I guess it was a good thing that I did not toss it.
MCA #33800, Gold Card 3rd Gen
BAMA Member
67 Coupe, 69 Coupe, 74 Coupe, 84 SVO, 84 GT Turbo, 88 McLaren, 89 LX Sport, 03 Mach 1, 07 GT500, 14 GT/CS

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2018, 08:28:54 PM »
I got one replaced about 3-4 weeks ago; the other two just arrived.  They are double in size so I won't complain!
I submitted five Kidde extinguishers under the recall, all were replaced - except. The ones I submitted were all in the 3 pound, 5 to 8 ounce range. I got one 3 pound and four in the 6 pound range, the double in size, as replacements. The four 6 pound had only a two prong, fork-like hanger, not acceptable, in my opinion, for mounting in a vehicle. I called Kidde last week about this, requesting a strap type hanger. They came in today. Call 800-880-6788 for a better hanger. I will say this, Kidde is doing this recall correctly.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline bgp429

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2018, 01:30:09 AM »
One problem a friend and myself ran into is they aren't the same size. This usually wouldn't be an issue but they are all for watercraft with molded areas or small tunnels. They won't fit. We aren't getting any answers from Kidde either. Until then we have to keep the old ones to be legal this summer.