Author Topic: Original Parts...What to do with them?  (Read 1459 times)

Offline dave6768

Original Parts...What to do with them?
« on: November 28, 2017, 10:51:11 PM »
With the kids long gone, and two cars restored, we are now working to clean out the house (and garage) to eventually move to smaller digs.  With that being said, I have a number of original parts from my 67 and 68 verts.   Not sure they are worth anything to anyone else. 

A lot of bolts (that I replaced with AMK).   A set of steel 5 lug wheels, grill opening and trunk trim strips, smog pump mounting bracket from 68, 3 groove crank pulley from 68, sports sprint chrome air breather lid, dash bezels from both 67 and 68 door handles, outside mirrors, front chrome bumper guards, new - service part rear bumper guards in red primer, 67 front seat side trim, 67 corral and horse from grill, 68 GT dog dish wheel covers, and other stuff.  With the exception of the rear bumper guards and the smog pump bracket, everything was removed and replaced with better stuff.  Not saying the parts couldn't be refurbished.

Is this stuff worth anything?  If so, I would be willing to make a complete list and offer the individual parts up for free...you pay the shipping.

I hate the thought of tossing something that could never be replaced.

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: Original Parts...What to do with them?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 10:52:59 AM »
If it's a small enough amount that you can list out like in your post, I would suggest to ebay them.  Get the mobile app, it's super easy to list stuff.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline Brian Conway

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 12:53:52 PM »
You could list the parts in the ' For Free ' section of this Forum.  Could also post in your local Craig's List " free 67-68 Mustang stuff ".  Ask a friend to drop it all in the trash when your not around ?  I have the same problem and have managed to rid myself of some of my semi-precious jewels by simple giving them away.  To other Mustang obsessed owners of course.  Brian
5RO9A GT  4 Spd Built 5/29/65
9TO2R SCJ 4 Spd Built 9/19/68
Owner Driver Mechanic
San Diego, Ca.

Offline mikeljgt500kr

• 1964 1/2 K code coupe and 2022 GT500 HE
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 11:12:47 AM »
I have the same problem, after selling all my blue oval cars, I have lots of original/restored originals, like several 735 CFM dated Holleys, oil pans, rocker panel trim, door handles, and coils, etc.  Not sure how to get rid of them, hate to take them to the dump, but that is the easy way. :-[
I don't always downshift, but when I do it is near a Prius so they can hear me hurting the environment.

Offline 9F94M567042

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 02:54:16 PM »
Are you guys nuts? Throw stuff like this away? I kick myself almost everyday for getting rid of stuff I thought I would never use or didn't have the space for. Even if the parts are not in the best of shape, keep them anyway. You can't replace stuff like this anymore. At the very least offer them to a fellow enthusiast before even considering throwing them away.
Cheers!

Offline dave6768

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 09:22:24 PM »
I have every intention of giving everything away.  So far I have two nibbles.  I did not realize there was a free section here.  I will investigate.  What's left over, I'll sell on eBay.

Dave

Offline mikeljgt500kr

• 1964 1/2 K code coupe and 2022 GT500 HE
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 09:36:06 PM »
I have much of it taken now, thanks for offering to take this stuff (junk)!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 10:42:59 PM by mikeljgt500kr »
I don't always downshift, but when I do it is near a Prius so they can hear me hurting the environment.