1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1968 Shelby

'68 GT350 p/s upper Pressure Hose routing

(1/2) > >>

CharlesTurner:
Anyone have any pics or info to share on the correct routing of a '68 GT350 upper pressure p/s hose?  I have the correct hose, but if I turn the line at the lower junction about 45 degrees to the right from center, the hose is sitting on the frame rail.  I only have pics of 2 cars, one is 2103 and the other is one that was supposedly unrestored.  Both of those cars show the hose fitting at the back of the pump with the line angled almost straight down.  When I do that, it puts a tight curve in the line.  I don't have good pics of the routing on the bottom.

Also, pls note this is actually specific only to '68 Shelby small-blocks.

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: caspian65 on December 11, 2017, 10:36:56 AM ---Anyone have any pics or info to share on the correct routing of a '68 GT350 upper pressure p/s hose?  I have the correct hose, but if I turn the line at the lower junction about 45 degrees to the right from center, the hose is sitting on the frame rail.  I only have pics of 2 cars, one is 2103 and the other is one that was supposedly unrestored.  Both of those cars show the hose fitting at the back of the pump with the line angled almost straight down.  When I do that, it puts a tight curve in the line.  I don't have good pics of the routing on the bottom.

Also, pls note this is actually specific only to '68 Shelby small-blocks.

--- End quote ---
Yes the hose is too long . I have observed the tight bend also. The same hose was used on 67 GT350 and 68 GT350.

CharlesTurner:
Thanks Bob.  Would you happen to have any pics of original/unrestored cars showing this detail?  I'm not sure if I should angle the lower fitting. 

Coralsnake:
http://www.thecoralsnake.com/PSHoses

CharlesTurner:

--- Quote from: Coralsnake on December 11, 2017, 02:48:28 PM ---http://www.thecoralsnake.com/PSHoses

--- End quote ---

Hey Pete, the question is not the hose identification, it's the correct routing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version