Author Topic: Medium Saddle..Dark Saddle...Saddle Saddle.... Help!  (Read 1340 times)

Offline A12pilot

• My cars and blog
Medium Saddle..Dark Saddle...Saddle Saddle.... Help!
« on: December 16, 2017, 08:42:03 PM »
 So I'm starting to collect the interior parts for my car and I've run into a color selection problem.   I see Light Saddle, Medium Saddle, and Dark Saddle as options on several parts of the interior, but other parts only list maybe one tone option of Saddle.  So..... is a Saddle interior made up of various shades of the color?   Are the carpets generally darker Saddle? Any help would be appreciated.   

Cheers
Dave
Dave
-1969-1/2 A12 Super Bee -MCACN Gold 2017
-1968 Mustang S-Code GT Fastback
 (8F02S)..390-4spd, deluxe interior, both consoles,  convenience group,  reflective group, 8000 rpm tach,  AM 8-Track, fold down seat,  tinted glass,  all paperwork/ numbers matching, built late December

Offline ruppstang

Re: Medium Saddle..Dark Saddle...Saddle Saddle.... Help!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 10:54:05 PM »
I do not have any pictures of 68 fastback interiors. Here is one of our 67 GTA deluxe saddle interior. It may give you some help.
The deluxe saddle door panels were impossible because the originals had a leather grain and the reproduction saddle color was not available so parchment had to be dyed. The correct carpet was tough to get too.
Good Luck
Marty

Offline rodster

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 11:23:33 PM »
I do not have any pictures of 68 fastback interiors. Here is one of our 67 GTA deluxe saddle interior. It may give you some help.
The deluxe saddle door panels were impossible because the originals had a leather grain and the reproduction saddle color was not available so parchment had to be dyed. The correct carpet was tough to get too.
Good Luck
Marty

Beautiful! 
1965 Dearborn Mustang Coupe
Raven Black - Palomino Pony
1967 Dearborn Mustang Conv.
Wimbeldon White - Red
1984 SVO - 2A

Offline A12pilot

• My cars and blog
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 07:08:32 AM »
Those help.... thanks Marty.  67 Deluxe interior... gotta be the best Mustang  interior in my mind!  Stunning!   Thanks for the pic.

Cheers
Dave
Dave
-1969-1/2 A12 Super Bee -MCACN Gold 2017
-1968 Mustang S-Code GT Fastback
 (8F02S)..390-4spd, deluxe interior, both consoles,  convenience group,  reflective group, 8000 rpm tach,  AM 8-Track, fold down seat,  tinted glass,  all paperwork/ numbers matching, built late December

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 09:37:32 AM »
Here is a cool feature on 67 deluxe single color interiors. In the case of my saddle color every seat panel was medium saddle except for the front seat bottom rear panel. It was dark saddle to match the dark seat backs. Ford really cared about quality to put this one different panel in a whole interior that could only be seen when you folded the seat back forward. This is a good way to check for original seat covers, it is no surprise the reproductions do not have this feature.
Marty

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 05:42:58 PM »
Maybe some of this will help.  For the Dearborn example the door paint has been redone and it appears the door panel is a reproduction. Not sure if either of the two examples have had carpet replaced given all the years that have past. Leave it to you to make your determination and choice

7F02C137xxx

7R02A1953xx

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Coralsnake

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 06:37:18 PM »
Jeff, in 1968 those rear upper panels are dark saddle. Do you know if thats a change from the monotone 67s?

The original carpets were a very dark saddle in 1968

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 06:47:36 PM »
Jeff, in 1968 those rear upper panels are dark saddle. Do you know if thats a change from the monotone 67s?

The original carpets were a very dark saddle in 1968

Unfortunately the OP didn't specify what year they were focusing on

Yes believe that was one of the changes between 67 and 68 in this one particular interior color of some reason. The 68 really surprised me when I first saw one. Could not understand why the changed to the darker color without changing the headliner color and such

For the 68 side of the discussion

« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 06:21:36 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2017, 08:24:08 PM »
Yes believe that was one of the changes between 67 and 68 in this one particular interior color of some reason. The 68 really surprised me when I first saw one. Could not understand why the changed to the darker color without changing the headliner color and such
My Mommy always said that the Ford engineers in charge of color coordination, were color blind...much more evident as you moved into the 1970's ;)
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments