Author Topic: Point Deduction for adding and locating a power antenna  (Read 196 times)

Offline desperadoron

Point Deduction for adding and locating a power antenna
« on: February 04, 2018, 04:24:11 PM »
I have a power antenna Ford show mounting it app. 11inches back from top of trunk.  For show purposes I would like to mount it up closer to the back window. Would that be a point deduction??
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 06:09:07 PM by J_Speegle »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Point Deduction for adding and locating a power antenna
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 06:12:21 PM »
Guess your asking about showing at MCA?  Or would it be some other organization. Placed it in the section not knowing your intent

As if so (what ever organization) what class are you asking about. Since daily driven, occasionally driven, and the restored classes as well as unrestored are all very different in many different ways

It's highly possible that you would get deductions both in the body section and the antenna section since its a location and an equipment issue - two different ones
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline desperadoron

ford power antenna
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 05:51:56 PM »
Ford's installation shows mounting 11" down from top of trunk opening. Would I lose points if I mount it up close to rear window drivers side? It is a original Ford Mustang 67 power antenna.

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
Re: ford power antenna
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 06:38:54 PM »
depends on what venue you show in. suggest you contact them for their rules.
5F09C331248

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 07:17:58 PM »
Ford's installation shows mounting 11" down from top of trunk opening. Would I lose points if I mount it up close to rear window drivers side? It is a original Ford Mustang 67 power antenna.
My first though is that if it is the one I am thinking of, it will work on a 67 Mustang but not a regular Mustang optional item. If it is the one I am thinking of it is for a full size car. It was a over the counter item that would fit a variety of applications. If that is the case (and it might not be )there would be a deduction issue regardless of location IMO. Others may have different information.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline desperadoron

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 08:42:05 PM »
 The first one I got for My '71 machI  Ford part # c7af 18813c which I purchased from Dalessio Ford  Pennsville NJ. has Ford logo copy right 1967, the  drawing # is I.S. 3198.  the one I bought  for the 67 Is Rotunda (c ) 1967 ford motor  Co. drawing # I.S. 2632 they both say on the drawing Ford , Falcon, Fairlane, Comet, Mustang  65&76, Mustang 63, Cougar.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 09:14:44 PM »
The first one I got for My '71 machI  Ford part # c7af 18813c which I purchased from Dalessio Ford  Pennsville NJ. has Ford logo copy right 1967, the  drawing # is I.S. 3198.  the one I bought  for the 67 Is Rotunda (c ) 1967 ford motor  Co. drawing # I.S. 2632 they both say on the drawing Ford , Falcon, Fairlane, Comet, Mustang  65&76, Mustang 63, Cougar.
Yes , that is the one Iím thinking of. You might check the Mustang available options you could get from the factory when new. I think this falls into the over the counter catagory like spot lights , steering wheels , performance items etc. that were not available as a factory option but made by Ford to fit a variety of Ford applications Mustang included. That is my opinion . Others my have different.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Point Deduction for adding and locating a power antenna
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 11:45:26 PM »
Merging this thread with the other you started since the OP focused on possible point deduction when showing
Jeff Speegle

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2018, 11:52:17 PM »
Yes , that is the one Iím thinking of. You might check the Mustang available options you could get from the factory when new. I think this falls into the over the counter catagory like spot lights , steering wheels , performance items etc. that were not available as a factory option but made by Ford to fit a variety of Ford applications Mustang included.

+1 It was an over the counter item and since the cars were delivered without an antenna I guess the dealer could have up-sold the original owner if the part was available and for sale when the car was delivered to the dealership.  And salesman option list from the that time period would likely be your best source since I'm guessing that you don't have the original sale receipt/contract or your adding it to a car that it was not original to.

As for location a dealer (if you ordered the car - not one from the lot) would often put the antenna any where you wanted as long as you were paying for it. Getting judges to accept that location and it will fall on your shoulders to provide convincing documentation of your chosen location.
Jeff Speegle