Author Topic: WTB: Brackets for '67 Front Brake Hose (Bolt on to Frame rail)  (Read 1551 times)

Offline drummingrocks

WTB: Brackets for '67 Front Brake Hose (Bolt on to Frame rail)
« on: January 08, 2018, 09:42:47 AM »
I'm converting my '67 coupe to disc brakes using a CSRP kit.  Since the drum brake lines route differently under the upper control arm, I need the brackets that bolt to the frame rail to mount the disc brake lines.  I'm not sure if these are specific to a '67-68, since I've seen something pretty similar on a '65-66.

It's the bracket with the yellow arrow below.

Too much junk, too little time.

Offline jwc66k

Re: WTB: Brackets for '67 Front Brake Hose (Bolt on to Frame rail)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 05:08:47 PM »
67 standard front brake line brackets were the same as 64-66, RH and LH. Disc brake brackets were different.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline drummingrocks

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 06:56:19 PM »
67 standard front brake line brackets were the same as 64-66, RH and LH. Disc brake brackets were different.
Jim

Gotcha, thanks.  Let me get a better picture of what I'm dealing with.  I'm not really sure what I need now.

Offline drummingrocks

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 07:04:07 PM »
Here's what I'm dealing with on my car.  The kit came with these brackets to mount the new disc brake hoses.  They're supposed to bolt to the framerail using the same/existing holes as  a factory disc car.  As it is now, the hard line from the master cylinder is too short on both sides to reach the caliper hoses.  It seems to me like the new brackets are much shorter than what I posted in my first photo.  I'm hoping that the correct brackets will move the caliper hose high enough that it can reach the hard lines from the master cylinder.