1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1970 Mustang

1970 Trunk Light

(1/3) > >>

1970 Snake:
My car did not originally have a trunk light, but would like to install one. Do I need a different wiring harness from the dash to trunk or can I use the same one and where does the trunk light connect to that harness?

midlife:
The tail-light harness came in two versions: with and without a green/yellow wire that powers the trunk lamp.  If your tail-light harness does not have this wire, you'll have to manufacture one or find one (I have one or two of them).  These wires and/or tail harnesses with this wire are not reproduced, so these wires are somewhat in demand.  The proper wire has a male red bullet up front, which makes it somewhat unique across all of the years of Mustangs. 

rockhouse66:
If it's there, you my have to fish around a little for it.  Here is a picture.  It looks like a red firecracker in the photo, back on top of the wheel housing.

1970 Snake:
Thanks guys, checked my harness and it does not have the female plug, so I am guessing I need to run a wire from the dash fuse box to that area.
Midlife did you say you have this wire that runs from the dash to the wheel tub area? and is it yellow and green with the red female end??

midlife:

--- Quote from: 1970 Snake on January 11, 2018, 01:47:11 AM ---Thanks guys, checked my harness and it does not have the female plug, so I am guessing I need to run a wire from the dash fuse box to that area.
Midlife did you say you have this wire that runs from the dash to the wheel tub area? and is it yellow and green with the red female end??

--- End quote ---
The one I have that is readily available is cut off prior to the female bullet; I think I have another one buried in my bin of 69/70 tail-lights.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version