Author Topic: fuel line clip  (Read 641 times)

Offline fmr187

fuel line clip
« on: May 30, 2020, 07:57:41 PM »
Is the fuel line clip that is closest to the sending unit the same clip that is used to attach to the trans tunnel? From the Osborne manual it looks like a different part number but I don't see any other clip available in the parts catalogs?
65 Convertible born in Dearborn on Feb 10

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: fuel line clip
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 11:08:57 PM »
Is the fuel line clip that is closest to the sending unit the same clip that is used to attach to the trans tunnel?

No the ones in the driveline tunnel retain both brake and fuel. Back there it only needs to hold one. Think this is the one your looking for - just confirming. That one is a J or hook shape while the majority of the others are a strap style that wraps around both lines

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline fmr187

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 01:21:37 PM »
Jeff, that is not the clip that I am referring too. There is a hole in the vertical part of the trunk floor to the left of where the fuel line meets the sending unit. I am assuming that there should be a clip there, maybe not.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2020, 07:42:51 PM »
Ok now we are both on the same "page"

This one is from a Dearborn convertible 5F270xxx. Car was fully undercoated/sprayed with some product when it was new so colors and finishes are a bit off in many areas shown in the pictures

Couple of pictures from San Jose examples ( closer and clearer ) The top from 65 and the lower from a 66 example. Believe they are both the same

Jeff Speegle

Offline fmr187

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2020, 08:41:10 PM »
Yes that's what I am referring too. Is this clip available anywhere? I haven't seen anything like it.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2020, 11:23:22 PM »
I know AMK carries the 67-70 version but not sure about 65/66.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2020, 12:29:19 AM »
Yes that's what I am referring too. Is this clip available anywhere? I haven't seen anything like it.

Always got them from donor cars. Think the Falcon could have the same design but not certain
Jeff Speegle

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2020, 12:34:38 AM »
Try 377119-S32, AMK B-10274, 2 each, $3.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.