1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1966 Shelby

1965 1966 Traction master under-axle traction bars

(1/5) > >>

Hipo giddyup:
   I have just picked up a set of these traction bars, ( no doubt reproductions), however they are missing the front mounting brackets because the previous owner had his bodyshop replace the front section of frame rail and they were trashed. Does anyone know where one could get some "blue prints" of the front mounting brackets so I could hopefully reproduce them?? Or even measurements / dimensions would be a start.

Just to be clear, these are the "under-rider" traction bars not the type that mounted on top of the axle.  Thanks!!

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: Hipo giddyup on January 16, 2018, 03:13:02 PM ---   I have just picked up a set of these traction bars, ( no doubt reproductions), however they are missing the front mounting brackets because the previous owner had his bodyshop replace the front section of frame rail and they were trashed. Does anyone know where one could get some "blue prints" of the front mounting brackets so I could hopefully reproduce them?? Or even measurements / dimensions would be a start.

Just to be clear, these are the "under-rider" traction bars not the type that mounted on top of the axle.  Thanks!!

--- End quote ---
You might start with contacting Traction Master and see if they can give you info or sell you the part . Most likely they can do ether. FYI SA added a heavy piece of angle iron to the frame rail first before adding the bracket that came with the traction master kit.

Hipo giddyup:
Thanks for the info Bob. I was thinking of trying them for replacements. And it’s good to know about the added angle pieces. That I was unaware of.  Anyone have any pics or closeups of this area??

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: Hipo giddyup on January 16, 2018, 10:37:39 PM ---Thanks for the info Bob. I was thinking of trying them for replacements. And it’s good to know about the added angle pieces. That I was unaware of.  Anyone have any pics or closeups of this area??

--- End quote ---
Here are some quickie pictures of the bracket that was ripped out of a rusty frame rail.

Bob Gaines:
one more

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version