Author Topic: NOS black/Silver Autolite Voltage Reg  (Read 734 times)

Offline 21.04

NOS black/Silver Autolite Voltage Reg
« on: January 22, 2018, 05:14:51 PM »
I'm hunting for an NOS Autolite Voltage Regulator with black background and silver painted script.  .

-Matt
66 K code Conv GT red/red deluxe 4 spd
66 A code Conv Non-GT black/red deluxe 3 spd
66 Sprint Conv Unrestored Green/blk std 3 spd

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: NOS black/Silver Autolite Voltage Reg
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 06:32:01 PM »
We need to know which one your looking for.  Logos, lettering and other details will be different if your looking for a C5 or a C8.  Year of car should do it.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 11:45:56 PM »
Don't worry so much about the cap, the color can be changed and a silver stamp applied.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 01:34:42 AM »
I'm hunting for an NOS Autolite Voltage Regulator with black background and silver painted script.  .

-Matt
The NOS silver stamp (42 amp) regulator are hard to find given most of the service regulators were superseded by the yellow stamped version (up to 55 amp). The yellow stamped blue cover C8TF regulator is what you typically find NOS.  The yellow stamp regulator would work on ether and made for less inventory on a parts self.  Because of attrition the yellow stamped blue cover (55 amp) C8TF marked regulator is what you typically find and they are getting very hard to find. A black cover C5TF marked yellow stamped (55 amp) regulator is extremely hard to find. The C5AF black cover silver stamp is probably twice as hard to find then then the extremely hard to find black cover C5TF yellow stamped one. Reproduction covers on NOS base are typically used to complete the look of the assembly. The base's are the same regardless of what cap was on it originally . Just so you get a sense of the parts landscape.   
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 01:38:04 AM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline 21.04

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 03:41:59 PM »
Thanks for all of your replies.  I'm hunting a piece for a late '66 HP convert, SJ build that I plan to restore as a T-bred.

-Matt 
66 K code Conv GT red/red deluxe 4 spd
66 A code Conv Non-GT black/red deluxe 3 spd
66 Sprint Conv Unrestored Green/blk std 3 spd