Author Topic: glove box light on '67s  (Read 1576 times)

Offline 2V8s

glove box light on '67s
« on: June 23, 2011, 07:39:11 AM »
Hi,

I found this thread on a search but rather than repopen it I figured better to start a new one....

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=289.0;num_replies=10

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew the answer as to when cars had them or not. On my San Jose built convertible, I dont have a glove box light. I thought this was missing at first and bought one, now im realising it never had one.

Like others, I have the dimple in the metal for where the switch would go, and the circular opening in the glovebox for where the light would shine through.

checking out some other cars recently, a fellow '67 vert owner, built at San Jose 2 mnths earlier, also has no glove box light. We both have centre consoles with a light in the cubby box in there. But a '67 fastback does have it.

I do have the wire and socket hanging down behind the glovebox for the light if I wanted to fit it.

So, I had thought that all cars always had a glovebox light but seems thats wrong. Does anyone know in what case you either did or didnt get one as standard?

Thanks
1967 Mustang Convertible C code auto - San Jose 30th Jan 1967
1974 Corvette convertible 350 L48 Auto
2004 Mg ZT 260 SE (Ford V8)
1994 Rover 214 Si 16v
2005 Renault Grand Espace 2.2 DCi

Offline gtamustang

• CPM
  • Global Moderator
Re: glove box light on '67s
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 11:47:19 AM »
For the 1967 model year, the lighted glove box was part of the courtesy light option. This option consisted of mercury activitated underhood and undertrunk lights, glove box light, and glove box lock.

Regards,
Pete Morgan