Author Topic: Window Regulator Rollers (69)  (Read 3556 times)

Offline BillEBobb

Window Regulator Rollers (69)
« on: December 31, 2009, 04:33:12 PM »
How many "Window Regulator Rollers" are required per side of a 69 vert?
(My "stuff" is BURIED out in the garage and I can't get to it right now.)

Thanks!

Offline BillEBobb

Re: Window Regulator Rollers (69)
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 10:24:31 PM »
How many "Window Regulator Rollers" are required per side of a 69 vert?
(My "stuff" is BURIED out in the garage and I can't get to it right now.)

Thanks!

When I got no reply, I called NPD and found out that it's 5 per side.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 07:30:15 PM »
With all the work you've been doing I would have thought you would have a copy of all the assembly manuals  - or at least Santa Claus would have left them for you ;)

Could have checked there.   All my doors are together here at home or I would have provided a response. For some reason 5 per door seems allot for a 69. Hmmm
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline BillEBobb

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 11:02:26 PM »
With all the work you've been doing I would have thought you would have a copy of all the assembly manuals  - or at least Santa Claus would have left them for you ;)

Could have checked there.   All my doors are together here at home or I would have provided a response. For some reason 5 per door seems allot for a 69. Hmmm

Jeff you've gotta KNOW that I've got those assembly manuals!  But I'll be darned if I could discern the answer to this one!  (Pg 43 of Osborn Body Assembly manual)

Five per side seems like too many to me too, but . . .

Offline DeadStang

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 01:31:49 AM »
I have a very original and untouched set of 1969 doors hanging on a car out in my garage that I've taken the panels off, but have not removed the windows.  Which specific rollers are you referring to, and I can go out and count them tomorrow...  Are we talking the little wheels that move along in the tracks as the glass goes up and down?

Offline BillEBobb

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 10:49:35 PM »
I have a very original and untouched set of 1969 doors hanging on a car out in my garage that I've taken the panels off, but have not removed the windows.  Which specific rollers are you referring to, and I can go out and count them tomorrow... Are we talking the little wheels that move along in the tracks as the glass goes up and down?
  Those be the ones!  Tx!  Bill

Offline DeadStang

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 12:44:30 AM »
Huh.  I forgot that the dead '69 B2 has '70 glass.  :o   It was built I think on the last day of '69 production, and I've read that it's common for these Mustangs to have the '70 glass from the factory--oh well.  And for this style, there are not #5 plastic rollers.  One roller on the back glass bracket track, the scissor thing in the middle with a big wound spring forward, and the mechanism is bolted in a fixed point to the front glass bracket.

But.  I did glue the glass back in the driver's side of my '69 CJ a couple of years ago, and I really can't recall that it had #5 little plastic rollers--that just seems like too many in my memory.

I have a parts '69 Grande that the panels are off of and the glass is getting ready to fall out (so I am 100% positive that it's glue in).  It is tarped out back, but the rain is supposed to stop this weekend, so I will uncover it and count and take a picture or two if I can get good enough visibility thru the access holes.  It's time to put out fresh mouse bait, anyway.