Author Topic: 69 NJ Mach I Unrestored Pictures  (Read 1274 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
69 NJ Mach I Unrestored Pictures
« on: August 17, 2013, 07:32:16 PM »
Disclaimer: :) As always we need to warn that unrestored does not always mean unaltered by previous owners. Just because this car has/had a specific detail does not mean your car was built just the same. Always do your research, document your findings and make the best choice for you and your expectations.

Cars' VIN is -  9T02Q1774xx Car was originally ordered and used for an obscure IMHO Rally Program. Pictures taken at an Arizona 2013 Barrett Jackson auction. Car had evidence of being freshed up  (not unusual) but had some neat details and we don't see allot of unrestored decent NJ cars. We have no real build date information on the car but the projected build date was Feb 18th 1969

Enjoy
ENGINE COMPARTMENT Appears at least a few things have been freshed up  ::) Some new decals and some areas repainted.

E1

E2 Master cylinder replaced.

E3 Labels still on at least one AC line

E4

E5

E6 Buck tag and mounting hardware

EXTERIOR

Ext1 Pinstripe end. May have been reapplied and the area touched up

Ext2 Notice the end of the wiper post was taped off. Not sure if this is original or the result of a repaint/touchup? Will have to find some home 69 NJ examples to see if this is a specific plant practice

TRUNK
Don't get allot of non-fold down cars. Notice in the pictures that the screw protectors (on the end of the interior screws) are still there

T1
Non- Fold down hardware and the red safety dyed nuts. Notice that on this car this factory the package tray is finished differently than the rear upper seat panel; which is Charcoal grey metallic

T2 Other side with more of the insulation material behind the sail panels and under the package tray

T3
This picture shows that by the time this car was constructed the sound deadener was being applied at NJ to the quarter panel before it was welded to the other body panels and it goes from the rear trunk sections to the area below the quarter windows.

T4 Sprayed on seam sealer. Sure allot less and across different joints compared to other plants

T5 Quarter extensions/end cap attachment

T6 Taillight retainers. Notice the nice example of the galvanized plating of the tabs

T7

Mat, under layment and taillight panel sealant shot

As always double check the details found on any single car.

Hope these pictures help others in their efforts

« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 05:43:30 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 69 NJ Mach I Unrestored Pictures
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 05:44:18 PM »
Updated from the PhotoB**t hostage situation. Some new pictures added  :)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline jim69mach1

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 04:12:31 PM »
Thanks Jeff great pics!
Jim
1969 Mach 1 , 390, 4 SPD. Silver Jade, White Interior
VIN #9TO2S1XXXXX, Metuchen Built 10/24/68

Offline specialed

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 10:48:33 AM »
jeff that 69 NJ rallye car is in freddys collection in Calgary & was on display for the IMM 2016 tour of his car collection at  the airport hanger storages.