Author Topic: Convertible Top 2-piece Rear Glass Divider Seal  (Read 469 times)

Offline 9F94M567042

Convertible Top 2-piece Rear Glass Divider Seal
« on: October 30, 2023, 09:36:02 PM »
Hey Everyone,
Curious to know if anyone has attempted to fix/repair/replace the silicon seal for the 2-piece glass rear window on a 1969 Cougar.
I assume the Mustang used the same glass window. I did a preliminary search here but didn't locate anything. If there are any prior discussions on this, let me know.
My rear glass is good, I just need to replace and redo the seal between the 2 pieces. The current 2-piece glass windows being sold today don't look proper. Too wide of a strip and distracting to look at.
I believe KEE is a supplier of those windows.
Can it be done and if so, has anyone successfully done it?
Thanks for any help.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 02:03:55 AM by J_Speegle »

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Convertible Top 2-piece Rear Glass Divider Seal
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2023, 02:11:30 PM »
Hey Everyone,
Curious to know if anyone has attempted to fix/repair/replace the silicon seal for the 2-piece glass rear window on a 1969 Cougar.
I assume the Mustang used the same glass window. I did a preliminary search here but didn't locate anything. If there are any prior discussions on this, let me know.
My rear glass is good, I just need to replace and redo the seal between the 2 pieces. The current 2-piece glass windows being sold today don't look proper. Too wide of a strip and distracting to look at.
I believe KEE is a supplier of those windows.
Can it be done and if so, has anyone successfully done it?
Thanks for any help.
A original 69 rear glass will be marked Corning . Later replacement and assemblyline convertible rear glass after about 1970 sometime is marked PPG. It can be DIY done but for what ever reason not as durable. At least from what I have seen. The ones that I have done last about a summer . Less if you put the top up and down much. Sorry no easy button on this one.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Convertible Top 2-piece Rear Glass Divider Seal
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2023, 02:13:00 PM »
If you are not trying to save a original Corning marked glass then I don't think it is worth the effort to try and fix IMO.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby