Author Topic: Tires  (Read 5542 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Tires
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2013, 02:05:59 AM »
Since we are on the subject of unusual tire sizes, I wanted to ask if anyone has ever heard of 7.75 x 14 tires being used on a 65 Mustang.  According to Pete's research, my build sheet indicates my late 65 would been equipped with 7.75 x 14 4 ply tires.  I don't see this size listed as an option for the Mustang, although it does appear on Fairlanes and larger Fords.

No I haven't - the fact that they were used on other cars has IMHO no bearing on the application

Also, my car was listed on the buildsheet as an export and display model, although it does not contain any export equipment.

What does your buildsheet list under "Tires"?
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline mjd 65

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2013, 07:01:30 PM »

No I haven't - the fact that they were used on other cars has IMHO no bearing on the application

What does your buildsheet list under "Tires"?

It is code G.  Pete remarked that every buildsheet he has seen uses code C (6.95 x 14). You might remember we had a discussion about my unusual build sheet in the build sheet forum.
Mel
July 65 silver blue Metuchen hardtop

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2013, 07:29:03 PM »
It is code G.  Pete remarked that every buildsheet he has seen uses code C (6.95 x 14). You might remember we had a discussion about my unusual build sheet in the build sheet forum.

Not to get to far off the original thread

Looking at the buildsheets I have almost half show the "G" as the tire - some exports but most are domestic. Have an export also with the C tires
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline mjd 65

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2013, 09:30:45 PM »
Not to get to far off the original thread

Looking at the buildsheets I have almost half show the "G" as the tire - some exports but most are domestic. Have an export also with the C tires

Interesting.  I was hoping the unusual tire size code might provide some clue why my build sheet shows an export DSO (95) and my buck tag shows an X, yet the car has no evidence it ever contained any export equipment like an export brace or heavy duty suspension.  I guess the mystery will continue.
Mel
July 65 silver blue Metuchen hardtop