Author Topic: 68 door wiring harnesses  (Read 1505 times)

Offline 68 S Code

68 door wiring harnesses
« on: June 22, 2011, 01:44:42 AM »
Just wanted to pass along some info on a very accurate wiring harness I installed this evening. It was provided by Pete Disher and it worked perfectly. I had the original harness but both had seen better days. So I bought a pair off ebay from an outfit out of california. They claimed that they not only sell parts but use these high quality parts in their restoration buisness. Well I guess they must use only new reproduction parts in their buisness because their harness would not connect to my original under dash harness. I looked through Coral Snakes web site and found a similar product. A SAAC senior judge who Ive known for 20 years turned me onto Pete and his 68 parts. I ordered a set hoping that they would connect to my harness.

When I unwrapped the box this evening I was hesitant because the packaging reminded me of the harnesses from cali. But once I tried to hook it up it fit like a glove.  So, I laid out the three harnesses side by side. Although at first glance Petes wires looked identical to the inferior piece I did notice small details like plastic pins to mount it to the door shell in two locations. Petes had the plastic sleeve over the wires from one end of the harness to the other, just like the original. The inferior one had the sleeve between the two rubber plugs at the door and jamb but electrical tape fore and aft of the plugs. Pete sent quality pieces and is a quality guy. Cost a few bucks more but well worth it.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 01:51:11 AM by 68 S Code »

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
Re: 68 door wiring harnesses
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 09:24:14 AM »
The wiring Pete sells is awesome and he can provide for cars of all years, not just 68's. The company that makes the wiring was an original supplier to Ford and they still have the original blueprints. Worth every penny not only for correct appearance and fit but also for piece of mind so your car won't burn up.
Tim Lea  Shelby concours judge MCA, SAAC, Mid America

Offline Murf

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 11:55:30 AM »
+1 for Pete and for the poduct he sells!
John Murphy

1965 "K" GT fastback Honey Gold exterior, Ivy Green and White Pony interior, many options
1966 Conv., high option, removeable hardtop, thermactor "C" engine, AC, Springtime Yellow exterior, Black Pony interior
1968 California Special, "J" code, ,many options, white with red interior

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 11:14:57 PM »
I"ve refurbished a couple of these, and they are not easy to do.  If there is a good quality reproduction out there, buy it!
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com