Author Topic: 68 fastback interior bracket  (Read 7658 times)

Offline mhubert89

68 fastback interior bracket
« on: February 25, 2015, 07:35:33 PM »
hi,

can someone have a plan or all the measures for the interior floor bracket for the fold down seat ?

i have a 68 fastback !

thanks for your help !

Mathieu
Mustang Fastback 1968
289, 4 speed
Built in Dearborn on April 16th

Offline mhubert89

Re: 68 fastback interior bracket
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 03:07:36 PM »
nobody have picture to show me where all the floor bracket ( fold down seat ) go in a 68 fastback ?
Mustang Fastback 1968
289, 4 speed

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 09:12:00 PM »

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline mhubert89

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 01:15:39 PM »

hi, thanks for your picture...do you have all the other brackets..have 3-4 on the floor just behind front seat and somes on the wheelhouse !?

Mathieu
Mustang Fastback 1968
289, 4 speed

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 05:39:26 PM »
hi, thanks for your picture...do you have all the other brackets..have 3-4 on the floor just behind front seat and somes on the wheelhouse !?

These would be the forward most brackets attached to the floor - two more (can see one in one of the pictures) right in front of the rear fiberglass/plastic side panels  for the rear section of the floor cover. The one bracket on each of the wheel wells.

There are two brackets on the floor under the rear seat but those are not for the fold down.

Will not have access to the car again till next visit - next week
Jeff Speegle

Offline mhubert89

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 09:33:09 PM »
These would be the forward most brackets attached to the floor - two more (can see one in one of the pictures) right in front of the rear fiberglass/plastic side panels  for the rear section of the floor cover. The one bracket on each of the wheel wells.

There are two brackets on the floor under the rear seat but those are not for the fold down.

Will not have access to the car again till next visit - next week

just not sure where go 4-6 bracket because i think mine where missing on my old floor , will try to show you wich one !

in the picture ..if you start from the right , the first bracket in the second row..have 2 identical with 4 holes on the side

after that the last one at the bottom left ..have 2 little ''s'' 2 have a littles hole at our left and 2 others bracket no hole . Have 4 brackets that look very similair ...

thanks and sorry for the poor explication, i am french spaeking !

Mathieu
Mustang Fastback 1968
289, 4 speed

Online 67gta289

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 10:09:10 PM »
Mathieu,

I believe what you are asking about are brackets for the rear seat, lower section.  Attached is a picture with the area highlighted in red.  These would be the same for any body style I think.  If you need dimensions I would be able to do anything for about a week, perhaps someone else can.  This is for the ones with the four holes.

For the others, I'm not quite following.  Can you edit the picture you posted in MS paint or similar program, modify by highlighting the bracket(s), and reposting?

bienvenue sur le site

John
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 10:12:02 PM by 67gta289 »
John
67 289 GTA Dec 20 1966 San Jose
7R02C156xxx
MCA 74660

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 10:32:01 PM »
Ok lets try this From memory and using your picture. Sure others will help out if I miss something

Without an original car to measure you have a tough job. If any one of these is off by a couple of milometers panels attaching to them will not fit and you'll have to remove and re-weld it. And you normally don't find out until the car is painted and going back together.  Saw this in a shop 2 weeks ago and the upper fold down brackets were not in the correct place on the wheel well

Green- Brackets that screw to the body and hold interior panels. Not certain of the two in the upper right

Red - Fastback package area brackets

Light blue- Bracket that attaches to the passenger side trap door opening. Engages with the arm on the trap door to keep it open

Dark blue - these look like the screw on brackets that will attach to the two rear roof panels that go overhead on a fastback

Yellow - These appear to be the sun visor brackets that weld to both front corners of the roof above the headliner

Orange - Rear bottom seat cushion brackets that weld to the floor

This is one of the reasons I don't build cars with rust  8)
Jeff Speegle

Offline mhubert89

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 10:43:20 PM »
Ok lets try this From memory and using your picture. Sure others will help out if I miss something

Without an original car to measure you have a tough job. If any one of these is off by a couple of milometers panels attaching to them will not fit and you'll have to remove and re-weld it. And you normally don't find out until the car is painted and going back together.  Saw this in a shop 2 weeks ago and the upper fold down brackets were not in the correct place on the wheel well

Green- Brackets that screw to the body and hold interior panels. Not certain of the two in the upper right

Light blue- Bracket that attaches to the passenger side trap door opening. Engages with the arm on the trap door to keep it open

Dark blue - these look like the screw on brackets that will attach to the two rear roof panels that go overhead on a fastback

Yellow - These appear to be the sun visor brackets that weld to both front corners of the roof above the headliner

This is one of the reasons I don't build cars with rust  8)

first ! thanks to take times to help me, very appreciate !!

oki for the orange ! that help me ..

the others bracket that i need to know its between the green and blue , have 3 littles brackets !?!?!
Mustang Fastback 1968
289, 4 speed

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2015, 04:16:40 AM »
the others bracket that i need to know its between the green and blue , have 3 littles brackets !?!?!

The top pair looks like they may be for the top rear edge of the rear seat lower section -  The form sort of a hook with the bottom end (once attached) open where the frame of the lower section slides into and is held between the "hook"/bracket and the floor of the car.

Pictures is not great can't make out the one on the bottom of that group
Jeff Speegle

Offline WT8095

• Dave Z.
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 09:45:17 AM »

The dark blue are for the rear over head panel as you speculated. The green ones in the upper right are interior panel attachment points at the beltline just behind the doors. Please excuse the extra red oxide primer, courtesy of a P.O.  :)
Dave Z.

'68 fastback, S-code + C6. Special Paint (Rainbow promotion), DSO 710784. Actual build date 2/7/1968, San Jose.
'69 Cougar convertible, 351W-2V + FMX, Meadowlark Yellow.

Offline WT8095

• Dave Z.
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2015, 09:56:46 AM »
The top pair looks like they may be for the top rear edge of the rear seat lower section -  The form sort of a hook with the bottom end (once attached) open where the frame of the lower section slides into and is held between the "hook"/bracket and the floor of the car.

Pictures is not great can't make out the one on the bottom of that group

Yes, the top ones are as you described. I don't have a photo showing the entire bracket, just the hooked ends peeking out below the seatback material.

I don't recognozie the bottom one either, but it appears to be the same design as the one on the far left in the lower left green box.
Dave Z.

'68 fastback, S-code + C6. Special Paint (Rainbow promotion), DSO 710784. Actual build date 2/7/1968, San Jose.
'69 Cougar convertible, 351W-2V + FMX, Meadowlark Yellow.

Offline mhubert89

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2015, 02:52:01 PM »
Yes, the top ones are as you described. I don't have a photo showing the entire bracket, just the hooked ends peeking out below the seatback material.

I don't recognozie the bottom one either, but it appears to be the same design as the one on the far left in the lower left green box.

yes for the 2 brackets like hooks , but 2 brackets are same like the hook but have 2 littles hole upper left ! one are in the green square in the other one are with the 2 others hook between the green and blue !?
Mustang Fastback 1968
289, 4 speed

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2015, 04:15:46 PM »
Yes I see the other match to the bottom one between the green and blue box that has not be identified. Picture is too poor and at a bad angle for me to figure out where they go
Jeff Speegle

Offline mhubert89

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2015, 11:55:23 AM »
Yes I see the other match to the bottom one between the green and blue box that has not be identified. Picture is too poor and at a bad angle for me to figure out where they go

wich bracket its the good one for the buttom section of the seat..i saw 2 differente bracket !!

the first picture its the bracket inside the orange line
Mustang Fastback 1968
289, 4 speed