Author Topic: 64-1/2 Generator Restoration Source  (Read 1869 times)

Offline must69

64-1/2 Generator Restoration Source
« on: March 23, 2013, 01:13:58 PM »
I am looking for a source to restore a 1964-1/2 Mustang 260 generator for a concours restoration.  Can anyone recommend someone?
Thanks!
Phil

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
Re: 64-1/2 Generator Restoration Source
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 12:47:55 PM »
WOW!! I can't believe that no one has taken a shot at this yet.

I'm certainly NO expert, but if there are no known FORD specialty restorers that can rebuild/restore your generator why not seek out  a Chevy generator rebuilder/restorer.....I'll bet they'd do something very close to what it needs to be.

Go to www.chevytalk.com     and www.trifive.com     I'll bet someone on one of those forums that I personally frequent due to us also having a '57 BelAir......

Also:(These guys DO NOT give me a good feeling, but here they are)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWgvLPIQbUA

:http://restorationpartssource.com/store/Mustang_1964_1966_Electrical_Parts_Generators.htm
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 01:01:34 PM by C5ZZKGT »

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 03:59:58 PM »
WOW!! I can't believe that no one has taken a shot at this yet.

I'm certainly NO expert, but if there are no known FORD specialty restorers that can rebuild/restore your generator why not seek out  a Chevy generator rebuilder/restorer.....I'll bet they'd do something very close to what it needs to be.

Go to www.chevytalk.com     and www.trifive.com     I'll bet someone on one of those forums that I personally frequent due to us also having a '57 BelAir......

Also:(These guys DO NOT give me a good feeling, but here they are)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWgvLPIQbUA

:http://restorationpartssource.com/store/Mustang_1964_1966_Electrical_Parts_Generators.htm
A hint: when you place a link in your post make sure that there is a space before and after the link so it can be easily "clicked" to go to the link vs. having to copy and paste (in other words read what you wrote before you post). It looks like Miss Grundy in HS English was correct -  ;)
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline 5F09CNot4Sale

• If it does not fit, you need a bigger hammer!
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 08:02:33 PM »
I have found a few of them on eBay and then had an Ink stamp made.
5F09C3031XX Sept 28 64 Dearborn
5F07F1838XX June 29 64 Dearborn

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 09:26:29 AM »
A hint: when you place a link in your post make sure that there is a space before and after the link so it can be easily "clicked" to go to the link vs. having to copy and paste (in other words read what you wrote before you post). It looks like Miss Grundy in HS English was correct -  ;)
Jim

Thanks Jim. point taken. I have the same problem with a HS teacher Miss. Harbough (math) she had dragon breath, bad teeth that caused her to spit on students when she stood behind them looking over their work, my first few days in her class (I came in the middle of the school year) a classmate who hadn't spoken to me before leaned over and told me that HIS Brother was screwing her! (I really didn't need to know that) shortly after that a few of us from the class started skipping class and going to the store across the street for doughnuts--lol

Offline Chris

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 10:13:51 PM »
Here's who I used to restore my 260 generator:

Kenneth Seiler
518 Tanglewood Trl.
Buda, TX. 78610

I can send you his email if you want it, he did a great job on mine. He has a generic stamp for the generator which I did not use as mine is an original dual-groove pulley generator for a/c and his stamp was not accurate for this application.
64 1/2 Poppy Red Convertible, 260V8 auto, 19 June 64