Author Topic: Cleaning product for engine compartment  (Read 1081 times)

Offline GTSpecial39

Cleaning product for engine compartment
« on: September 23, 2016, 05:49:30 PM »
Hey all, trying to spruce up my engine compartment and wanted suggestions for something good that will clean and shine it up some. The motor itself is looking pretty good, but was told at the last car show I need the compartment itself on the sides and firewall cleaned up better.  Thanks
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 06:36:19 PM by J_Speegle »

Offline c9zx

Re: Cleaning product for engine compartment
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 09:35:47 PM »
This is link to the best cleaning product I've discovered. Used as directed, it works great and is worth the money.
Chuck  http://www.s100.com/s100_tcc.htm
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 06:36:33 PM by J_Speegle »
Thanks, Chuck

1969 G code Cougar Eliminator
1972 Q code Mach 1, auto, air, 2F05Q183426, 03/16/72
CSX 7031

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 06:41:58 PM »
Start with sometime light like watered down Simple Green and then focus on the heavier stuff if there is some. Be careful becase just about anything will remove paint at some point if too strong or scrubbed too much.

As for shining up a little - don't know - originally cars didn't come with the used car prep  ::)  Lots would just use a clear coat or some silicon based product slapped on with no concern about the effects a month or two later. IMHO not the route to choose 
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 10:15:33 PM »
I for years have used a product called Wheel Magic by Blue Coral. It is for painted wheels but I like it for the engine compartment of driver cars. It is green colored. It was mild enough to not dull out the black like other products would (especially if it was Krylon 1613)but strong enough to dissolve dirt and grease . It  is hard to find in my area now.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby