Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
1969 - 1970 / Front Spring Color Code 428 CJ
« Last post by 1970 Snake on Today at 02:38:12 AM »
I have seen a number of posts on color coding of front springs. I believe the correct color coding for my Dearborn 1970 Mach 1 with 428 CJ had one gold and one pink strip down the coils. What I don't know, is what the color sequence is from left to right with the coils sitting on the flat. Is the gold strip or the pink strip on the left hand side looking at the spring?? Any help would be appreciated.
Member Restorations/Builds / Re: 1966 Mustang San Jose t-code Convertible
« Last post by dsielke on December 17, 2017, 11:54:55 PM »
I got a couple of hours in this weekend to start on the drivers side.  :)

By the way, had to switch to turpentine since mineral spirits isnít available in SoCal any longer, I had a mask and fans going but the smell of pine kept my family out of the garage. :(
General Showing and Judging Discussions / Re: Whatclass would I be in?
« Last post by J_Speegle on December 17, 2017, 10:13:43 PM »
This is about how my Cyclone would be judged. This is totally hypothetical, only bare metal part not bare metal is driveshaft(too pitted). All hardware is correct, runs/drips and overspray on floor, every part looks like brand new. Even went as far as reproducing the paper tags on the wiring harnesses. I trailer it, don't want to burn off paint on manifolds(blue engine color). I didn't know there were different levels of what I would call Concours. What is your best guess? I know the Fairlane club is not as detailed as you guys are. Thanks and Merry Christmas.
Chris

Agree with Marty.

As far as the Fairlane Club showing goes its somewhat like non-US Mustang and Shelby judging and showing - there is always the first owner to get the others attention and often, since the internet, those have come from those owners and builders that reached out, outside of the immediate and "normal" channels, found/took the information and help then applied it to a different brand. 

We saw that here in this country with some of the Cougars and it was a dramatic step up from what they had seen in the past. Not for everyone but - just a personal choice and goal 
General Showing and Judging Discussions / Re: Whatclass would I be in?
« Last post by ruppstang on December 17, 2017, 09:50:39 PM »
It sounds like Trailered Concours. Does it have bias ply tires? It should for that class.
General Showing and Judging Discussions / Whatclass would I be in?
« Last post by 1969 Cale II on December 17, 2017, 09:29:00 PM »
This is about how my Cyclone would be judged. This is totally hypothetical, only bare metal part not bare metal is driveshaft(too pitted). All hardware is correct, runs/drips and overspray on floor, every part looks like brand new. Even went as far as reproducing the paper tags on the wiring harnesses. I trailer it, don't want to burn off paint on manifolds(blue engine color). I didn't know there were different levels of what I would call Concours. What is your best guess? I know the Fairlane club is not as detailed as you guys are. Thanks and Merry Christmas.
Chris
1964 1/2 - 1966 / Re: A picture of '65/'66 2 speed wiper motors
« Last post by ChrisV289 on December 17, 2017, 05:47:15 PM »
Here is my original that is -A and single speed. Never messed with
1964 1/2 - 1966 / Re: A picture of '65/'66 2 speed wiper motors
« Last post by NEFaurora on December 17, 2017, 05:25:11 PM »

Nice score for a garage cleaning!

:o)

Tony K.

1964 1/2 - 1966 / Eaton Pump Leak
« Last post by ChrisV289 on December 17, 2017, 04:49:27 PM »
So I changed the seals between the canister and the actual pump in the pictures below from the website listed but I still have a leak from there.  Is there supposed to be another gasket or what have other done?  I don't think the leak is coming from anywhere else.  I had the pump rebuilt already but the bottom of the canister was wet. Thoughts?

http://www.studebaker-info.org/Tech/sbca96/stupspump/stupspumpreb.html
1964 1/2 - 1966 / Re: factory tie down brackets
« Last post by J_Speegle on December 17, 2017, 03:26:18 PM »
So, in summary, would a car without the brackets installed be considered "correct" as sold by the dealer, but not relative to how it left the factory?  I don't have my cars judged, but which way is considered correct during judging?

Depends on the organization and their runs but in general and since its well known that Ford instructed dealerships to remove them but many did not that either way is normally accepted.  Of course if you claim that they were removed at the dealership the frame rail in the area should show that they were mounted (paint damage from contact and the holes had been used to mount the brackets as we find on unrestored cars
1964 1/2 - 1966 / Re: factory tie down brackets
« Last post by socalgt on December 17, 2017, 03:07:45 PM »
So, in summary, would a car without the brackets installed be considered "correct" as sold by the dealer, but not relative to how it left the factory?  I don't have my cars judged, but which way is considered correct during judging?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10