Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Parts for Sale / Re: 65-67 brake rotors
« Last post by krelboyne on Today at 03:50:04 PM »
The fine print on the eBay listing says  - We have a couple of these available, so the one you receive may look slightly different from the one pictured, but is guaranteed to be NEW.

Hopefully what you get is a 2 piece design.
Parts for Sale / Re: 65-67 brake rotors
« Last post by Bob Gaines on Today at 03:42:50 PM »
saw these on ebay, not mine.  ordered a pair,  they have the name "century"  cast on backside, and came in a raybestos box part # 6004            https://www.ebay.com/itm/142691684769?ViewItem=&vxp=mtr&item=142691684769
A great buy but the shipping is typically adds up. It still is a great deal considering IMO . Get them before they are gone . That is a obsolete Raybestos number I believe.
1969 - 1971 Boss / Re: battery "L" bracket 69/70 boss 302
« Last post by Bob Gaines on Today at 03:37:54 PM »
so what's the verdict ?  was there a cutoff when the L brackets came on stream - or were all  69/70 boss 2's supposed to have a bracket-- factory hit or miss install?   for a may/69  boss 302   thanks
The 69/70 Shelby's (a node to your screen name) got them regardless of battery option and the Boss 2's were made on the same line in Dearborn so most likely were the same. 70 B2 (not Shelby) had a different one because the change in holddown bracket. 
Jeff,
Those supplements for shelbys, did they have multiple editions or just one? Like you said you can be confused since I have found quite a few drawing errors, nothing major.
Thanks again for your insight and help
Nils
There is only one version of the Shelby supplement to the 69 shop manual. There are two different printings that are slightly different color paper covers but the information within is the same.
1964 1/2 - 1966 / Re: clarification on sheet metal stamp dates
« Last post by J_Speegle on Today at 03:12:27 PM »
Question: looking at the date stamps on several panels, would it be safe to assume that my kar was built several days/weeks after the scheduled build date of 23 Oct 65?

Yes certainly the plant missed when they guessed it would be completed on Oct 23rd. But at least the order and the approximate date gave others an idea of how many cars, options and such to plan on for around that time period. Looks like your car was more likely an early to mid November built car
Don't know for sure .... as I've never used them during a build. Always had friends to call or real cars to use as a guide for issues

I think there was only one variation but again only stated as a guess at this point 
1969 - 1971 Boss / Re: 69 rear louver diagram
« Last post by J_Speegle on Today at 03:03:39 PM »
You can scan it and host it in your gallery or scan it and send it to me and I can post. Your choice. If your going to do it just add it aas another reply to this thread

Thanks
Cougar 1967-73 / Re: Cougar VIN cheat sheet anyone?
« Last post by J_Speegle on Today at 03:01:46 PM »
Looks like Kevins book info is pulled from the Ford records because the ranges are all over each other by tens of thousands of numbers. This is very likely correct since we know cars were built often way out of sequence  but its going to make guessing an approximate time period unless the VIN is almost in the midd of one of those month ranges.

But I don't think we have anything better to work from. It just is what it is   ::)
1967 - 1968 / Re: Rear brake cables
« Last post by Bossbill on Today at 02:59:10 PM »
I resemble that remark!
1967 - 1968 / Re: 1967 deluxe steering wheel
« Last post by 67gtasanjose on Today at 02:21:00 PM »
The cancelling cam is found ONLY on the tilt columns (non-tilt wheels the cancelling cam are built into the turn signal switch itself, therefor the cam is NOT used)..The tilt wheel cancelling cam is the same (read as interchangeable) for standard "color-keyed" steering wheels and deluxe (woodgrain) steering wheels. Repo's of the 68-up version tilt column cancelling cam are available (at WCCC, NPD and many more) and presumably work on the 67's too, but I have not tried them. Original '67 cams are white plastic and the 68-up and repro's are black plastic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10