Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Misc Items / Thermactor anti-back fire valve identification
« Last post by 67gta289 on March 27, 2024, 09:29:43 PM »
Looking for help in identifying the application(s) for the pictured thermactor system 9B290 anti-backfire (gulp) valve bracket.  TIA
1969 Mustang / Re: 1969 Firewall hole size needed.
« Last post by JohnSlack on March 27, 2024, 06:32:45 PM »
Scott,
If nobody else answer before I get out to the shop this afternoon and slide the harness out. I'll let you know.

John
Parts / Re: 69 70 Mustang Speaker Cover identification
« Last post by C9ZZ-16228-B on March 27, 2024, 12:10:44 PM »
Standard interior vs deluxe.  The standard (CW) is completely flat on the backside, made to fit up against the metal door.  The deluxe is contoured at the bottom to fill the gap where the speaker cover goes over the door panel, since the deluxe door panels (and Cougar panels) are cut out all the way to the bottom edge when used with speakers.
1968 Mustang / Re: 68 SJ 390 Starter Motor & Solenoid
« Last post by Bob Gaines on March 26, 2024, 11:57:48 PM »
Ok great thanks, I think that is what the guys who is working on my starter said. How common are they to come across?
Making a BB starter out of parts is easy . Finding a metal stamped C7AF-A case is relatively hard given there were so few BB vs. SB .If you want one a certain date code multiple how hard it is find by 10 IMO  ;) . Of course you can get luckey.
« Last post by bullitt68 on March 26, 2024, 11:47:59 PM »
C7AF-A would be for the 390 .
Ok great thanks, I think that is what the guys who is working on my starter said. How common are they to come across?
« Last post by Bob Gaines on March 26, 2024, 11:46:54 PM »
Thanks Bob that is great information. Since I am getting the starter rebuilt, I will continue down that path and add a different starter to the long list of stuff I need to swap out at a later date. The goal is to get the car running and proceed forward and make the swap outs as I find suitable parts. If I wait to get every part I need to put the car together I  may not finish this car in this lifetime lol. Interestingly the guy rebuilding the starter told me the case number was not correct for my application as soon as he saw it. Should the case have an A or C stamp for my car. I want to make sure that I get the right case. Thanks
C7AF-A would be for the 390 .
1967 Mustang / Re: Ball Joints 67, Upper and Lower Arm Rebuilding
« Last post by Maksim27 on March 26, 2024, 10:01:25 PM »
This is how the OEM ball joint housing looks like all cleaned up.  NOS ball joints have different cup variations and the cups look more round on the edges as can been seen on Bills pictures.  The only thing that DC could improve are the BJ cups to mimic at least Moog cups and elongate the stud as Bill mentioned.  Not sure if the OEM housings can be molded and reproduced to concours & thoroughbred.   I remember in 8th grade Metal class we would put a metal piece in a sand to make a mold, then pour hot liquid to make another casting.  Does anyone have blacksmith abilities to reproduce the casting at least or maybe it's unsafe to do as the Supplier used a special casting to make these BJ housings. 

The last picture is how a similar NORS shaft Hex cups could look like to an OEM shaft cups.
1967 Mustang / Re: Ball Joints 67, Upper and Lower Arm Rebuilding
« Last post by Maksim27 on March 26, 2024, 09:45:08 PM »
I seen a pink daub on 65-66 UCAs.  Is there a reason for the daub or not all UCA's had them.  I have over 20 UCA's and seen on some of them.
1969 Mustang / Re: 1969 Firewall hole size needed.
« Last post by Scott302 on March 26, 2024, 09:04:04 PM »
Not why I need it.  I need to verify the original dimension.
Scott
« Last post by bullitt68 on March 26, 2024, 08:52:16 PM »
  The center barrel case is the same 65-70 however the pictured case is stamped for a 1969 production car given the date code and a 289/302 automatic given the C7AF 110001 B engineering number. The nose cone is one of the most generic since it was used on a number applications over a number of years with only minor differences between different engineering numbers. The common denominator is that they will all interchange with each other and the nuance differences are on the inside of the nose cone when mounted. At least for the ones you posted pictures of.

Thanks Bob that is great information. Since I am getting the starter rebuilt, I will continue down that path and add a different starter to the long list of stuff I need to swap out at a later date. The goal is to get the car running and proceed forward and make the swap outs as I find suitable parts. If I wait to get every part I need to put the car together I  may not finish this car in this lifetime lol. Interestingly the guy rebuilding the starter told me the case number was not correct for my application as soon as he saw it. Should the case have an A or C stamp for my car. I want to make sure that I get the right case. Thanks
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10