Author Topic: Looking for Engine Pics of 67 Small Block with A/C and P/S  (Read 1907 times)

Offline gtamustang

• CPM
  • Global Moderator
All,

I am in search of pictures of how the A/C compressor/brackets/pulleys were setup on 289s with P/S. I am interested in any 67s built at the Metuchen plant (but other plants with help with general Ford practice) in the November 66 timeframe. I am trying to determine if an idler pulley (adjustable or rfixed) was used and where and how it was installed. This also impacts the compressor lateral support bracket.

Pictures of the A/C setup from February 67 on need not be posted, as I am very familar with that setup.

Regards,
Pete Morgan

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Looking for Engine Pics of 67 Small Block with A/C and P/S
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 01:18:51 AM »
Pete seems that its not easy to get a nice clear picture with everything in the engine compartment.

Looked through my pictures and  I doubt you want SJ examples since the Thermactor changes things with the idler.

So, found a Deaborn example from Nov 66

Hope it helps in some way

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline gtamustang

• CPM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 09:41:20 AM »
So, it appears the idler pulley replaces the upper alternator mount and it looks like the adjustment is using the water pump bolts. I wonder if Ford experienced water pump leaks with this configuration...

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 10:29:21 AM »
that bracket looks almost identical to my november 64 289 with a/c. yes i have experienced a leak when adjusting the belt tension. the water pump seal to timing cover must not have been the best. i solved my problem in a non concours way by using a long stud with a threaded spacer to keep the water pump tight to the cover. i then used a nut to tighten the a/c bracket. i then ground the excess off to make the stud stub look like a bolt head. yeah, i know, not factory but functional.
5F09C331248