Author Topic: mustang times  (Read 1305 times)

Offline mmsnyr8120

mustang times
« on: August 01, 2015, 09:13:17 AM »
got our mustang times yesterday and read the article about the '66 convertible.  I thought the Warwick show was Plan B judging.  If it was I wonder what award the car got when it got a complete judging.  I am not nitpicking on the car.  I just think that when a car goes out its first time and gets a gold and the next time it does not, MCA should clarify to a Plan B judged show that the next show the owner goes to, expect a more thorough judging.

Offline Richard P.

Re: mustang times
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 04:47:15 PM »
I've just received my MCA Mustang Times. I attended the Warwick Rhode Island show and if I remember correctly plan B judging wasn't used. That must have been a real nice car only losing three points first time out.   

Offline caspian65

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 10:55:31 PM »
I wouldn't get complacent, there's quite a range of knowledge amongst MCA judges.  Maybe after 5 golds an owner can start relaxing, assuming there have been different judges each time.  As much as the club has tried to improve consistency over the years, it's not an easy thing to do.

I saw the article, looks like a decent car, but only a couple small pics.  Seems like there would be some better pics to show off what a high scoring example looks like?
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline Richard P.

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 07:56:13 AM »
I wouldn't get complacent, there's quite a range of knowledge amongst MCA judges.  Maybe after 5 golds an owner can start relaxing, assuming there have been different judges each time.  As much as the club has tried to improve consistency over the years, it's not an easy thing to do.

I saw the article, looks like a decent car, but only a couple small pics.  Seems like there would be some better pics to show off what a high scoring example looks like?

I fully agree with that statement.

Offline ajd350

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 08:47:11 PM »
+1
MCA #2254

Offline mikeljgt500kr

• '68 KR,'69 Boss9, '64 FIA Cobra
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 09:55:11 PM »
As much as the club has tried to improve consistency over the years, it's not an easy thing to do.

+1, indeed.
I don't always downshift, but when I do it is near a Prius so they can hear me hurting the environment.