Author Topic: Who are the usual '65 judges at SAAC and MCA?  (Read 1696 times)

Offline mikeljgt500kr

• '68 KR,'69 Boss9, '64 FIA Cobra
Who are the usual '65 judges at SAAC and MCA?
« on: December 21, 2015, 10:39:28 PM »
Just wondering who does this most often, I know about jeff…….. :)
I don't always downshift, but when I do it is near a Prius so they can hear me hurting the environment.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Who are the usual '65 judges at SAAC and MCA?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 10:41:39 PM »
Just wondering who does this most often, I know about jeff…….. :)
I also do 65's at MCA . I would like to more with SAAC but typically head the 67 team.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline mikeljgt500kr

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 10:57:39 PM »
Thanks Bob, just wondering if I was lucky enough to score a '65 GT350 someday who I would be up against for judging.
I don't always downshift, but when I do it is near a Prius so they can hear me hurting the environment.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 12:04:31 AM »
One of the challenges is who judges them no might not be the people when you get a 65 to the shows.

At MCA it can be be almost anyone and is completely dependent on who shows up to the show. IMHO we've had some very knowledgeable people involved and at other times people who barely knew the basics things on a Mustang.  If the Assistant Head Judge for the class (Ron Wheeler) attends every show during his tenure then he would be the only one that might judge it those cars - depending on how many cars and judges show up.

At SAAC there appears to be a good chance that the judges for 65 will be changing from last few years. Would guess that it will be easier to predict who they might be after the 2016  season.  The Head Judges position for the 65 class has changed three times in the past 10 or so years.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline caspian65

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 01:17:48 AM »
I'm heading up '65's at SAAC now, so I'd be your guy for at least 2016!   ;D
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline mikeljgt500kr

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 10:17:54 AM »
Thanks guys, I can't believe I am even thinking about doing this again after my experience at SAAC 40, but if you get a nice car, you just seem to be compelled to try it. :)

Offline PerkinsRestoration

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 11:56:27 AM »

Mike, Charles is an outstanding 65-66 Judge. Charles has outstanding credentials as a former MCA National Head Judge. Charles also restored the only  65 Mustang (HI Performance 289 convert) to receive MCA THB Authenticity award.
  As the current SAAC Head Judge I encourage you to attend SAAC 41 to complete the Triple Crown with the KR. You can call me at 920-696-3788 if you would like to discuss SAAC or MCA judging Guidelines.

Bob Perkins

Offline mikeljgt500kr

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 01:20:42 PM »
Thank you Mr. Perkins, for the kind words of encouragement, information, and the offer to talk.  I will give you a call soon.  Cheers and Merry Christmas.