Author Topic: Myrtle Beach Judging Sheet  (Read 765 times)

Offline CW4macret

Myrtle Beach Judging Sheet
« on: October 19, 2016, 08:54:15 PM »
So I received my judging sheet and have a question on one of the finding. I was dock for "missing rubber grommet for clutch rod thru fire wall". When I took the car apart there was no grommet of any kind nor can I find one listed for a Mustang built before 12/14/64. The only thing I have is a large felt that mounts in a metal frame and is secured by 2 body/sheet metal bolts which the clutch rod goes thru. Is there a boot and if so can someone tell me a source to get one?
Mac
64.5, 5F07D
66 Convertible 6T08T
71 Mach1 429CJ 1F05J
05 GT
08 GT500
14 GT500

Offline caspian65

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: Myrtle Beach Judging Sheet
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 11:18:57 AM »
Sounds like you have the right setup for that build date.  I have seen the felt pad style used up through Feb '65.

Post a pic to be sure.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline mmsnyr8120

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 12:17:20 PM »
Richard, Matt, and Chip judged your car.  Matt is going out to check our Sept. '64.  He did not remember deducting on your car.

Offline mmsnyr8120

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 02:56:47 PM »
Matt looked at our car and it is the correct set up as Charles said.  However, when he started thinking about your car, he remembered that there was just a big hole.  So he called Richard and Richard said the same thing.  I know Richard put his phone number on your sheets, you could call him.  Matt stopped putting his number on the sheets because no one ever calls.  But our number is on the judging list over at the MCA website.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 05:30:08 PM »
Matt looked at our car and it is the correct set up as Charles said.  However, when he started thinking about your car, he remembered that there was just a big hole.  So he called Richard and Richard said the same thing.  I know Richard put his phone number on your sheets, you could call him.  Matt stopped putting his number on the sheets because no one ever calls.  But our number is on the judging list over at the MCA website.
CW4macret if the telephone number for the judge is on the sheets doesn't logic and courtesy suggest a course of action rather then posting here first before contacting the judge? If not I would like to hear your reasoning.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline mmsnyr8120

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 05:43:27 PM »
+1

Offline Richard P.

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 07:44:47 PM »
I think that I remember your car. I don't remember seeing anything in the hole that comes thru the fire wall for your clutch rod. If it's the same car we had a real discussion about the engine compartment color.

Offline mmsnyr8120

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 08:31:37 PM »
Matt wanted to take a point off for no orange peel.  Matt also wanted to deduct for the engine compartment.  But since Richard and Chip had judged cars on Friday without Matt, Chip said they should be consistent.  3 Gold Card judges on this car and Richard was the lead judge.

Offline CW4macret

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 08:41:48 PM »
CW4macret if the telephone number for the judge is on the sheets doesn't logic and courtesy suggest a course of action rather then posting here first before contacting the judge? If not I would like to hear your reasoning.

Now that I think about it your are correct. I am not questioning the write up. I was just trying to get information on where I could get the boot or seal. I should have posted this in the 64.5 - 66 section. Anyway I just took a picture and understand why that write happened. Either I have it mounted on the wrong side of the fire wall ??? or I need to replace the felt.

Yes there are phone numbers on the sheet I just failed to notice them. The judging team did a great job I have no issue with that. They gave me a list of things to correct that well give me a reason to be in the shop this winter instead of painting the inside of the house :).

Yes Richard you told me the engine compartment black was to flat, Needs to be more semi gloss.

Perhaps someone could move this to the correct section of the forum?
Mac
64.5, 5F07D
66 Convertible 6T08T
71 Mach1 429CJ 1F05J
05 GT
08 GT500
14 GT500

Offline mmsnyr8120

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2016, 09:10:04 PM »
Very well said and gracious.  Most judges just want you to better your car.

Offline Richard P.

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2016, 09:46:29 PM »
I'm very happy to meet you and love the color of your car.

Offline caspian65

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2016, 10:55:17 PM »
It looks like the felt pad is worn and is no longer sealing the hole.  I can see why there might be a deduction.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin