Author Topic: Dynacorn Carpet ?  (Read 1960 times)

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Dynacorn Carpet ?
« on: November 23, 2016, 10:24:21 AM »
Has anyone used the Dynacorn brand carpet?  Bought one recently and it was turned down and folded about 1/4 of the way from the top and stuffed into a box shorter than the typical carpet box, it has more wrinkles than I have ever seen, not sure if they will come out.  The edges are very sloppy trimming also and the heel pad is sticking up, kind of 'poofy'.  Shouldn't the heel pad and toe pad edges touch?  This one has a gap of about 1/2-1" between them.

If I have to say something positive, the pile is nice and thick and does not have the 'see through' issues that I have seen with ACC carpet.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline tobkob

Re: Dynacorn Carpet ?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 01:59:28 PM »
I don't have any experience with this brand but having lived in the carpet capital of the world all my life I have some experience with carpet in general. The best way to get wrinkles out of carpet is to lay it out in the hot sun. It may not be the best time of year to do this but we all know that a sunny spot out of the wind still gets pretty warm even in cool weather. Good luck and it sounds like this carpet may be an improvement if they learn to package it better ;)

TOB
1969 (04/07/69) GT350 owned since 1970. Only owner since Hertz.

Offline Armond

• Silver Level Subscriber
    • D'Agostini Restorations.com
Re: Dynacorn Carpet ?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 11:07:01 PM »
Jack at deadnutson has a source of a carpet that has a nicer backing and no see thru problems.  I have used a few of the carpets and they fit nice, but you do have to trim.  It is more money than normal. 
MCA#31064
rsz_1rsz_thumbnail_1_altered" border="0