Author Topic: 9F91R568706, Cougar Eliminator  (Read 775 times)

Offline 69428SCJ

9F91R568706, Cougar Eliminator
« on: December 11, 2016, 12:31:55 PM »
Hello all! I thought I'd take a moment to share with you my "Unicorn". It's a '69 Cougar Eliminator, and has a unique backstory. Here's the too long, didn't read version: my is the original owner of the car, but traded it in to the dealer in '72. I found the car in 2006 and bought it in 2007. My original intent with the restoration was to do a slight overrestoration with some pro touring parts added. About 3 months ago I had a change of heart and decided that with the rarity of the car it would be best to bring it back to factory appearance. So, while I know this is a mustang board, I'm already light years ahead of where I'd be had it not been for CMF. So, please venture over to the website I built for the car, read the story, check out the pictures of the car and stay tuned for all the progress I make!

www.my69cougareliminator.com

Offline 69428SCJ

Re: 9F91R568706, Cougar Eliminator
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 10:34:57 PM »
Thought I'd share a little progress with everyone. I'm particularly proud of how well my seat restorations have turned out. Here is my rear seat, before and after. Both fronts looked just as bad, and was able to clean them and soften them up a little. Just a little elbow grease and a nail brush is all it took!

Offline rodster

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 11:31:18 PM »
Wow, looks great!!  I also need to check out your website. Looks like lots of good info.  Thanks for sharing!
1965 Dearborn Mustang Coupe
Raven Black - Palomino Pony
1967 Dearborn Mustang Conv.
Wimbeldon White - Red
1984 SVO - 2A

Offline svo2scj

• Car Collector and home to WHEEL CITY FAIRLANE
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 03:41:33 PM »
Enjoied reading webpage !  Please continue to include photo's as you restore.

When I was just finishing up closing on a house sale a 69 standard w axle Cougar (just like my AB 69 R code Non Mach w axle car) came up forsale on Ebay.  Bad timing, bad seller!   I knew I was a week away from being able to buy anything - he listed with a $25K opening bid, got no bids and I was sure I would be ok ...but a bid came in on the last day.   (I had asked him to stop the auction and offered "what I thought was a good amount over the opening bid" , he didn't and now couldn't stop.  Car sold for opening bid.  I visited the next week HOPING it didn't go through -but it did (I then found out he had to sell for a divorce)  All he had was the trophy's from the car.   (It was an under 10K miles car) 

Mark
P.S.  For the longest time I wanted the car as a "match" to the mustang.  Kind of don't care now, older, other cars and college tuition is the current passion.
1969 R Code , Sportsroof (non Mach) W Axle
AB , Standard Interior  San Jose built 4/22/1969

Offline stangnet33

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 12:31:26 PM »
Great story ! Your love for the car and Cougars really shows.