Author Topic: Film capture of oil filter on engine at time of painting  (Read 4852 times)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Film capture of oil filter on engine at time of painting
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2017, 03:45:44 PM »
I surmise Ford went to all blue in '66 Model year since it was more work to paint the engine separately from the valve covers?
According to Ford documents it was late 65 production. Ether July 15 or August 15 at the engine plant if I remember correctly  .
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline 65Ford

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2017, 01:29:57 AM »
According to Ford documents it was late 65 production. Ether July 15 or August 15 at the engine plant if I remember correctly  .

Must be August of 1965.  My parents ordered a '65 Ford Ranch Wagon (Galaxie class) and I believe the schedule build date was in July of 1965.  I will have to check the warrantee plate to be sure but it was a very late '65 wagon.  Its 289 had the gold aircleaner and valve covers (the small diameter air cleaner). 

I haven't found the sales receipts yet but I do know where the original title to the wagon is located - its issue date should be within a month of when my parents received the vehicle.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 01:35:45 AM by 65Ford »
63A  R  28  02K  51  1  5
5R09A142

Offline 65Ford

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2017, 01:34:11 AM »
Can anyone provide a link?  I surely don't remember reading that in the past and a search brought up 23 pages of "engine paint"...

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=5011.msg28133#msg28133

I had to type "blue engine" before the search narrowed it down to where I could find it.
63A  R  28  02K  51  1  5
5R09A142

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2017, 05:41:47 PM »
Must be August of 1965.  My parents ordered a '65 Ford Ranch Wagon (Galaxie class) and I believe the schedule build date was in July of 1965.  I will have to check the warrantee plate to be sure but it was a very late '65 wagon.  Its 289 had the gold aircleaner and valve covers (the small diameter air cleaner). 

I haven't found the sales receipts yet but I do know where the original title to the wagon is located - its issue date should be within a month of when my parents received the vehicle.
I believe it was August of 15 of 65 . I am looking for my copy of the Ford Memo I have.  That was the date it would have changed at the engine plant . It would probably be a little bit after that.  Days, weeks or ? before the blue engines would show up in cars built at the various plants . So just because a car was built on that August 15 date wouldn't mean it would have a blue engine. It would take time before logistically the blue engines caught up with the builds at the assemblyline plants.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2017, 09:53:55 PM »
Are all of you saying that there were original 1965's with blue engines at the tail end of production?  I was always under the impression that the change-over was at the model year turn-over.
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2017, 10:51:26 PM »
Are all of you saying that there were original 1965's with blue engines at the tail end of production?  I was always under the impression that the change-over was at the model year turn-over.
So was I until i saw the Ford Memo :) .