Author Topic: HIPO Generator Pulley's Question  (Read 501 times)

Offline rocket

HIPO Generator Pulley's Question
« on: April 24, 2017, 05:31:58 PM »
I have two different types of Original HIPO Generator Pulleys.

The first one pictured below was on the car when I bought it. It appears to be made out of Stamped metal and has the correct part number (C30F-10130-B).

The second one appears to be machined out of a solid piece of steel. It feels heavier and also has the correct numbers. (# can't be seen in my picture below but is stamped on the Fan area C3OF-B & Has FoMoCo logo) A better picture is located in Bob Mannel's book Small Block V8, in Chapter3-page 51.

Both are the correct size 4.32 inches.

Why the difference, is one better than the other and which should be used?  Will the weight make a difference?

Also on a different note, I have another one that I think may have been remanufactured or copied it may be a repop? It also has the numbers stamped on it but they are a little off, it is also made of a stamped metal. (not pictured)  Any information, education will be greatly appreciated. 

Offline krelboyne

• West Coast Classic Cougars
Re: HIPO Generator Pulley's Question
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 06:08:12 PM »
From the Bob Mannel book, the answer is: two different suppliers to Ford. Someone else will chime in if one or the other is 'more correct' for a Mustang.
Scott Behncke - Carcheaologist
West Coast Classic Cougars
503-463-1130
1968 GT/CS 302-4V San Jose 05B
1968 Cougar XR7 Dearborn 09A