Author Topic: Original Style Mustang Carpet Underlayment and Sound Deadener / Insulation  (Read 1717 times)

Offline Brant

• Virginia Classic Mustang Inc

We now have some really nice, original style Mustang Carpet Underlayment and Sound Deadener/Insulation. I just personally used some in a car, and it is really nice. I'm really happy to see this product become available.

It's available for the trunk, under rear seat, under carpet, and above differential area. Click on the Blog post link for the complete list:

http://blog.virginiaclassicmustang.com/2017/04/correct-carpet-underlayment-and.html

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"

We now have some really nice, original style Mustang Carpet Underlayment and Sound Deadener/Insulation. I just personally used some in a car, and it is really nice. I'm really happy to see this product become available.

It's available for the trunk, under rear seat, under carpet, and above differential area. Click on the Blog post link for the complete list:

I saw this the other day on your site...Very nice ;)
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline stangerdude

I just installed this underlayment on a 67 fastback I am restoring and it is the best and closest to the original underlayment. If you lay it out in the sun for a half hour before installation, it just drops in and form fits to the floor with no effort. And....it makes the carpet fit a lot better than the other available stuff out there.  Awesome stuff!!  Paul
68 GT Fastback San Jose built

Offline ChrisV289

Mine seems to be different.  It is a thin black material, no type of fibers or jute...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 01:39:31 AM by ChrisV289 »
Chris
1965 Honey Gold Fastback (SJ 10/29/64)
1965 Caspian Blue Fastback (SJ 06/03/65)
2009 V6 Mustang Coupe

Offline preaction

Brant, do you know the applications that would get the asphalt based underlayment and what should get the jute based product?
8F02R218047-  July 18 1968   Dearborn

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Brant, do you know the applications that would get the asphalt based underlayment and what should get the jute based product?

It's a year and plant things like many things. Might be better to start a discussion and survey in the regular sections rather than the for sale one. ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)