Author Topic: 1966 289 A code, auto, with smog, a/c and Autolite 6ZE hot idle compensator  (Read 4042 times)

Offline socalgt

Good to know there is one less part needed to install the original system.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Just to see if I understand this...in summary...did the 289 4V automatic cars "with" a/c have the compensator valve installed in the PCV hose at the factory?  Just want to be sure before I return the valve I was able to locate, but haven't installed yet.

Thanks Again....

Reread those two pages again in Bob's book. IF I understand it correctly (seems to match what I'm seeing in my picture collection) that yes they did for a very short time then things were changed do they were not needed/installed
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline socalgt

Just to clarify.....a '66 289 A code with automatic and a/c received the compensator valve in the pcv valve at the factory?  (I found some posts by owners on similar websites indicating it was found on their '65 automatic cars with a/c)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Just to clarify.....a '66 289 A code with automatic and a/c received the compensator valve in the pcv valve at the factory?  (I found some posts by owners on similar websites indicating it was found on their '65 automatic cars with a/c)

Are you now asking about non-Thermactor 289, automatic AC cars?

Just clarifying
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)