Author Topic: Help with correct interior replacment for 1970 Boss 302  (Read 1986 times)

Offline HDAshmore

Help with correct interior replacment for 1970 Boss 302
« on: June 05, 2017, 12:41:04 AM »
Good evening,

Just bought a March 1970 Dearborn Boss 302 with no interior.  The Marti Report states  Code 63B "Mustang Décor 2-door SportsRoof" and Code EA "Black Knit Vinyl Décor Bucket Seats"  and equipped states with console and states Décor Group.  My main questions are what does the seat upholstery look like and what are the door panels supposed to look like to be correct.  I assume they are high back seats?  Does the Décor Group mean that there is a clock on the passenger side?  Are the seat belts chrome etc...Anyone with information and especially pics of what right looks like would be greatly appreciated.

v/r
Dan

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Help with correct interior replacment for 1970 Boss 302
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 01:31:11 AM »
Pretty unpopular interior but here are a few pictures. Had the white version of that interior in a 70 Convertible we owned many years ago

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline HDAshmore

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 01:45:19 PM »
J Speegle

Thanks for the great pics and help.  So I have it strait now on the seat covers and my dash being wood grain like the Mach 1.

Last Questions: (my simpleton brain)

Are the door panels supposed to be the exact same ones as in the Mach 1 or does that have to be specified somewhere? 
Would my Marti Report have to specify clock if there is supposed to be one?
Does Radio Bezel get wood grain or not and how do I know from Marti Report?
Any recommendations on which company to order the seat covers from for "fit and quality and exactness" being number one concerns?

I may be overthinking this but as usual, when I consult the forum, I always get set strait and make less mistakes.

Where is my post under as I could not find it under a header only under my post replies.

Thanks
Dan

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 09:39:55 PM »
Are the door panels supposed to be the exact same ones as in the Mach 1 or does that have to be specified somewhere? 

Same as other deluxe interior and Mach 1 from 1970. 69 are different

Would my Marti Report have to specify clock if there is supposed to be one?

Normally yes from what I've seen

Does Radio Bezel get wood grain or not and how do I know from Marti Report?

Wood grain would be typical.

Any recommendations on which company to order the seat covers from for "fit and quality and exactness" being number one concerns?

Not sure if any maker has or makes exact covers. For interiors with comfort weave sort of materials often try and get better material for the inserts from SMS , not NOS stuff just more recently made stuff before the machines were "lost" from my understanding. You have to call them to see if they can send you a sample to check out if they have anything available

If they do arrangements can be made to get the material to the seat cover maker - lots of people have done this before you so you won't be the first

I may be overthinking this but as usual, when I consult the forum, I always get set strait and make less mistakes.

Where is my post under as I could not find it under a header only under my post replies.

Thanks for the kind comments about the forum.

You thread was moved to the Boss section of the site. If would have fit perfectly in the 69-70 Mustang section also. Just a choice from where you had originally placed the post.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline HDAshmore

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 12:34:54 AM »
Jspeegle,

Thanks!  I got the same answers from the Boss 302 forum so I am rock solid on where I need to be thanks to the great professionals on this site and that site.  Appreciate all the input and time so I don't screw this up.  However I now need to refocus on my sons Mach 1.  Boss 302s can be so distracting.   :)

v/r
Dan