Author Topic: WTB - Heater Delete /Passenger side cowl vent assembly - C7ZZ6501934-A  (Read 1713 times)

Offline pnsy56shop

• Silver Level Subscriber
Hello, In need of a passenger side cowl vent for a heater delete "68" California Special. Living on the east coast I have a Zero chance of finding one in the salvage yards. Thanks 
1968 GT/CS S Code built March San Jose
C6 Automatic, Wimbledon White, Deluxe Ivy Gold interior
It's better to learn from other people's mistakes not your own

Offline 427Fastback

I have two of them but I am using them in my cars..Very hard to find and rather expensive.Took years to find the 67/68 assemblies.The 65/66 ones seemed easier to find..
Do you have the firewall plate and the proper control delete panel for the dash..

Offline pnsy56shop

• Silver Level Subscriber
I do have the firewall plate and press steel nuts but not sure what type of bolt are used to secure it, in the pictures I see on the site they seem to have a flat round head.  Also have the dash delete plates.
1968 GT/CS S Code built March San Jose
C6 Automatic, Wimbledon White, Deluxe Ivy Gold interior
It's better to learn from other people's mistakes not your own

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
I do have the firewall plate and press steel nuts but not sure what type of bolt are used to secure it, in the pictures I see on the site they seem to have a flat round head.  Also have the dash delete plates.
The hardest piece to find is the firewall pad cutout that covers the plate from the passenger compartment side.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
The hardest piece to find is the firewall pad cutout that covers the plate from the passenger compartment side.

Especially since your building a San Jose care
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Especially since your building a San Jose care
For whatever reason the only heater delete firewall pad cut outs I have ever seen (4 or 5) over the years , all have been SJ texture. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
For whatever reason the only heater delete firewall pad cut outs I have ever seen (4 or 5) over the years , all have been SJ texture.

Kind of makes sense since the location of that plant is relationship to those parts of the country that would order cars without heaters. Did see a 68 Dearborn car once with a heater delete and it had the typical Dearborn pad and heater pop out section
Jeff Speegle

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Kind of makes sense since the location of that plant is relationship to those parts of the country that would order cars without heaters. Did see a 68 Dearborn car once with a heater delete and it had the typical Dearborn pad and heater pop out section
That is the logical conclusion I am leaning towards.

Offline rockhouse66

I have the heater delete firewall cutout for a '65-'66 setup.  Would it be the same for a '67?  I am thinking yes but don't know for sure.
Jim
'66 GT FB

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
I have the heater delete firewall cutout for a '65-'66 setup.  Would it be the same for a '67?  I am thinking yes but don't know for sure.

Highly doubtful. 67-68 would have the provisional cut-out for the factory A/C stamped into an original firewall pad (usable on cars with or without factory AC as needed) where a 65-66 version would not.

My understanding, though never confirmed is that there would have been only one version of firewall pads available at each factory for workers to install. The options of the order sheet (or lack of options) would dictate which cut-outs (if any) to knock out. As we know and most already understand, there were more than one suppliers to the different factories. The current understanding is that San Jose 67 & 68's were unique while it seems that the other two domestic factories shared the same version (supplier).
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Curious if you where the one that had yours for sale at SAAC convention recently ?

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator

Know someone that could have really used that section at the SAAC and Tulsa shows this year

For all - think we've taken this thread away from the OP enough at this point so if we want to discuss pads, differences and such lets start a new thread focused on just that ;)
Jeff Speegle

Offline rockhouse66

Curious if you where the one that had yours for sale at SAAC convention recently ?

Bob - Yes.  Randy S. let me put it on his table on Saturday.
Jim
'66 GT FB