Author Topic: '68 302 4sp speedo cable routing  (Read 1102 times)

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
'68 302 4sp speedo cable routing
« on: October 24, 2017, 11:00:43 AM »
Anyone have detail pics showing the correct speedometer routing for an April '68 Metuchen, 302 4sp.  I'm not sure how it routes down close to the trans and also where it comes out of the firewall.  There appears to be 3 clips used.

Thanks
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: '68 302 4sp speedo cable routing
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 09:48:27 PM »
I did look through my pictures and came up empty on this one.  Not allot of manual small blocks built in 68 compared to earlier years
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 07:22:36 PM »
Found a picture that helps, looks like clip over by the distribution block and then another by the accelerator rod where it goes through the firewall.  The normal one on the passenger toe board is there already.  Only thing I'm not sure of is routing into trans.

Offline pellets4fuel

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 09:49:53 PM »
Charles, or anyone else,
I searched the forum for an answer to my question of routing a speedo cable on a 67 4-speed big block car.  I came up with several who asked and got no reply, and then this thread with a little info. 
Wondering what you ever came up with for routing the rest of the way?  I think it also has to go through the clip with the e-brake cable, but then I am having trouble from there.  I have a repro clip that says cross member, and if I put that where I think it goes and loop my cable up around to the passenger side it is going to rest on the H-pipe.
This is on a Cougar, not a Stang, but I would think it would be the same
David

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 10:07:00 PM »
Hey Charles. You can call me and I might be able to explain it better but here’s where the three clips are. There’s a little spring clip right next to the rear of the proportioning valve that’s held in place by a butterfly clamp. The next one is a clear zinc metal loop that goes right under where the accelerator pedal bolts to the firewall. NPD sells a nice repo  of it. The third one is on the passenger side toeboard and is a squeeze clamps similar to what holds a brake line in place but with a bigger opening.
Tim Lea  Shelby concours judge MCA, SAAC, Mid America

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 10:08:40 PM »
 Oops just noticed this was from last October, I’m sure we figured it out since then LOL
Tim Lea  Shelby concours judge MCA, SAAC, Mid America

Offline pellets4fuel

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 10:23:12 PM »
Tim,
That helps me out.  You don't have any photos of the clip that attaches to the PS floor?
David

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 10:54:21 AM »
Oops just noticed this was from last October, I’m sure we figured it out since then LOL

Yeah, got it figured out a while back.  For some reason it was routed on the driver side frame rail like an automatic.  Was missing the clamp at the firewall, but the NPD one was correct, so all good now.